Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

200k and going strong

jazbo01, 03/31/2014
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Update to a review a few years ago..my GP now was 200,000 on it, no visible rust we have owned it for the past 100,000 miles and the only work done to it has been maintenance NO issues-ever starts and runs whether its 100* or -40*. I drove this car back and forth for training 800 miles a week in -20 to -40 degree winter and the car avg 28.3mpg over the 6 week time frame..unreal! I have no plans on selling this car until it rots out and then ill buy another one. Great car! Update-214k miles engine gave up at wide open throttle..it was my fault (abuse). Replaced engine, transmission and all accessories on engine. Back on the road running great broke 225k last week. Still no major rust. Update- 230k still going.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Comfort and style

Binnsky, 10/13/2003
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful car. Coming up on our two year anniversary with this car without a problem. Can't believe all we've needed to do is change the oil and rotate the tires. We usually trade every three years or so, but have no plans to sell this one - don't like the looks of the new model anyway.

4.13 out of 5 stars

2002 Grand Prix

vickie, 06/29/2005
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful car to drive. Wider is better. Needed something that holds 2 sets of golf clubs - they fit in the trunk very comfortably with space to spare. Also wanted something sporty that handles well - not ready for a Grandma car. But I have a problem with the reliability of the car. Transmission went out after 2 years resulting in major repair (under warranty). And driver's side window quit working consistently after nearly 3 years (barely under warranty).

4.38 out of 5 stars

Fun Ride

CCrain, 07/25/2005
GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The first year I owned this car it was used as a daily driver. Now I have a company take-home so my GTP sits in the garage. The few times that I do drive this car are a blast. Car has good pick-up and is able to merge with no problems at all. The trouble I have had from ths car is both head gaskets had to be replaced, seems to be a common thing with 3.8's and the passenger side window does not want to work sometimes. Other than that, car has been a real pleasure to own and drive.

Grand Prix

smpf4, 05/12/2004
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am happy with this vehicle. I have experienced a rattle in the power windows. Recently the air conditioning settings of 1 and 2 have gone bad. Worse yet, 125.00 to fix! The car handles well and gets good milage on the highway versus the city.

12345...32