Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

BEST OF THE GM LOT !! 2001 GP GT

warren loewe, 09/02/2002

HAD TO BUY GM BECAUSE OF CREDIT CARD REBATE. I FELT THE PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GT WAS THE BEST GM HAD TO OFFER. I HAD A MAXIMA BEFORE THIS CAR , IT WAS LIKE NIGHT & DAY. THE MAXIMA WAS SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY. BUT COMPARED TO OLDS, CHEVY,BUICK (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DROPPED) & CADILAC (WAY OVERPRICED) THIS CAR KEPT ME HAPPY FOR 18 MONTHS. I JUST PURCHASED A 03 TOYOTA AVALON XLS. GOOD BUY TO GM FOREVER.

Car named after me

Gary Hostetler, 10/20/2016
GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

2002 grand prix with many issues

Margaret Paoli, 05/30/2008

Car has been in the shop more than any car I have owned since purchased new. Window problems, loose dash, intake gaskets replaced several times, wheel bearing bad at 34,000 miles, catalytic converter replaced, heater has never worked and Gay Pontiac service center never fixed when reported 10+ times in there service shop for all other listed issues, leather seats coming apart, loose door panels (possibly from all the window repairs). This is my second grand prix and 8th and LAST GM vehicle as I will be getting a Toyota on my next purchase and don't even want to start on the customer service or lack of when calling what was GMACFS now India handles and Pontiac division customer service.

Most uncomfortable car (seats) ever made

betsy, 08/08/2002

Bought 02 GP several months ago -am still trying to sell, but no one will give me close to what orginally paid. The most uncomfortable seats ever! At 5'4", average ht for women, I can't reach the gas pedal (located 6" farther back than the brake). This is a terrible design flaw as my foot slips off the gas often. When pushed forward, the seat goes "up", making my head touch the sunroof/visor. Also, seat belt cuts off circulation to my legs & I constantly tug at it (I'm quite thin too. The car has a few good points, but comfort and ride are terrible, plus insurance costs are outrageous for a 4-door sedan.

First Car

jdaily01, 11/15/2011

Bought a 2002 pontiac grand prix se for my first car only 6months ago. When I got it, it had 122000miles on it, which though high isn't too high. Since buying this car, I've had 3 windows crap out on me, only fixing the driver side one. It cost about $350 at a dealership to get the window fixed, luckily I found a local mechanic to do it for a lot cheaper. Though now the ignition won't recognize the car as being in park, therefore not releasing the key. Problems just keep adding up, I am able to bypass the the ignition to release the key but I cannot recommend this car. There are multiple reviews online showing that I am not alone, pontiac uses cheap parts making problems more probable.

12345...32