Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

It has been good to me

Amy, 07/01/2010

I purchased my grand prix in 2002. The previous owner only had it for a 6 months and couldn't keep up with the payments so she turned it back in to the dealer. I bought it with close to 15,000 miles on it (I have no idea where this woman drove it to). Anyways, I'm now at 194,000 miles. It was great up until two years ago when the transmission died on it. I was very meticulous with repairs on my vehicle, which were all normal wear and tear. Since the transmission, it's had other major problems that have been costly. Great car, but I am trading it now for a more reliable vehicle for my family. Overall it's been good to me.

40th Anniversary GP

vga0952, 10/17/2002

I traded in a 1997 Grand Prix that had some basic faults which I feared might still exist with the 2002 model but it appears Pontiac got all the bugs out for it's 40th year of production. I went with $2695 40th Anniversary Special Edition Package Option. In that 2002 is the last production year for a two door along with the Special Edition package my hope is that my coupe's resale value will be better than the standard GT model. Being performance minded, I do wish I had gone with GTP with supercharger although that would bump the sticker price to $30,000 which is too much. To date, with 8000 miles, my customer satisfaction level is nearly 100%.

200k and going strong

jazbo01, 03/31/2014
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Update to a review a few years ago..my GP now was 200,000 on it, no visible rust we have owned it for the past 100,000 miles and the only work done to it has been maintenance NO issues-ever starts and runs whether its 100* or -40*. I drove this car back and forth for training 800 miles a week in -20 to -40 degree winter and the car avg 28.3mpg over the 6 week time frame..unreal! I have no plans on selling this car until it rots out and then ill buy another one. Great car! Update-214k miles engine gave up at wide open throttle..it was my fault (abuse). Replaced engine, transmission and all accessories on engine. Back on the road running great broke 225k last week. Still no major rust. Update- 230k still going.

02 Grand Prix

Testerman, 12/23/2004

This has been the best car I have ever owned. Only problem has been with the front wheel bearings. Both have gone out and it isn't a cheap repair. Engine is exceptional for the performance you get and the fuel economy you achieve. It has also run flawlessly for over 60,000 miles.

Fun vehicle

mike s, 08/20/2005

Have enjoyed this car from day one. As a automotive mechanics instructor I know cars and this is a good one. This thing has give me one problem wheel bearings the left bearing got loose at 45000 well out of warranty but Franks Pontiac in Lyndhurst,NJ repaired it at no charge even though I could have fixed it myself. The handling is great for a decent sized car as are the brakes. The engine is GM's bulletproof 3.8 Normally aspirated V-6. I replaced the tires with BF Goodrich Traction T/a's at 39K the thing handles like a sports car great in rain/snow and NJ's horrendous roads. Still looks good and runs great after 75000 miles. I plan to buy another in a short time.

12345...32