Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Good Car
By Frank

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

Was the first in my town to purchase this brand new '99 Pont Grand Prix GT (white). I've had several things go out on it, but was mostly while under warranty. The shifter linkage worked it's way loose (5 times) had to be towed in. While getting a tune-up the mechanic noticed that the coils were burned so had to replace them. The computer went out and after returning the car to the mechanic 3 times he found that a frayed wire in the rear of the car was filling with water and running the length of the wire to the computer, shorting it out. I payed for the first computer but dealership paid for the second since they didn't locate the source of the problem. It has 160,000 original miles.

It's paid for.

Little more interior room, better sound system.

Great Car
By jetfan

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car the previous owner took very good care of it. The only thing I had to do is put a MAF sensor on it. These cars are fast, especially if you add a few goodies. So it just goes to show if you maintain your vehicle, more often than not it will last. I love this car, in fact I think I'm going to buy another one possibly a gtx if I can find one.

heads up display,the supercharged engine. the body style, this car is easy on the eyes.

Too bad this car is not rear wheel drive. Front seats could be designed a bit better. Bigger breaks, and a heated passenger seat.

good car
By Dave E

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

I bought this car, and I am the 4th owner, but the car has been in the family since it was new. even with 120,000 miles on it, I get 22 mpg around town. The only complaint I have is that the interior door panels are falling apart, my rear speakers quit working, and like someone else reported, the doors are starting to bind against the body panels when opening. I easily solved that problem by putting WD 40 on the hinges. Now they open and close proper. I have had, nor has any previous owner had any issued with this car, engine, transmission, nothing. I know that car has been well maintained and has been treated gentle. Other than the interior quality, I like the car.

Style, reliability. Never thought I would say that baout a GM.

better interior materials.

americanmade
By americanmade

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

truly american made, very reliable, no regrets. good mpg, pleasure to drive. did a lot of research b4 bought car. stayed away from supercharged models. nothing but qudos for 3.8 stnd. good rm for big people. plenty of power. looks great(for american made. I got a good one!

lighted dash, layout of controls,handling response, stereo

sits to low

Where's the quality?
By Fozman

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but a pain since I bought it. I've had to replace 2 window motors, a transmission (100,000 miles), blower control module, blower motor, stabilizer bar, and now the CV joints are going bad. When it rains hard you get water the car and trunk. Almost impossible to change the spark plugs yourself. Interior components are cheaply made and designed. The gas mileage is unimpressive. The front doors have started to rub the fender when you open them!! I find it disturbing when i go tot he junkyard to get parts that there's an abundance of Grand Prix to get parts off of. I will never buy another GM product.

Heated seats I guess

If your going to take a quality engine like the 3800 then you should build a better quality car around it.