Used 2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Firebird for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Luv my weekend toy

crazygrrrl, 08/01/2010
2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

At 45,000 miles, this is the only car I've ever bought new that I've never regretted buying. I would buy one again in a heartbeat if GM sells them again. The v6 may be an old design but it is strong and reliable, and my car has never left me stranded. I get compliments all the time. I love the fact that you can see the engine and all hoses, belts, etc. newer cars have that awful plastic cover that hides everything. This car is easy to work on, aftermarket parts are readily available even after GM killed Pontiac. This is definitely an enthusiast's car. It's fun to drive and comfortable too! I love this car. I'm going to keep it until I get too old to drive.

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

ksford1, 02/03/2014
2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

14 yrs. ago I was in a Pontiac dealership having a repair on my 1990 Sunbird, it was already at 150K mile. So as I was wondering around the showroom and spied a Red T-Top 75th Anniversary Edition Firebird! Can you say IMPULSE BUY?! Well I've never been disappointed with her. She sits in my driveway right now, looking just as good as she did the day I drove her home, and a few offers to buy her. Sure, there could be more room in the back seat, have replaced EGR Valve, a headlight issue I solved, and recently a new ignition cylinder, but she's got almost 140k miles and I've Loved every one of them! I plan on giving her to my great-nephew in 3 years for his High School Graduation, or not...

Most Misunderstood Automobile

Robison, 10/18/2002
2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My 2001 Firebird is my 3rd Firebird. Admitedly a niche automobile, as a 52 year old Engineer, I find the 4th generation to be solid, realiable, and a blast to drive. The 200Hp V6 is plenty strong and though not a Transam, I find the average person doesn't know the difference. GM failed to properly market fun features like T-tops and how well the 4th gen are sealed against water leaks.

The BatMobile

BOB BACCHI, 02/16/2016
2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I was very fortunate to find this very low mileage car that is 15 years old. It was garage stored by previous owner for a number of years. The PO had the car completely detailed, oil changed, replaced filters, 4 new quality tires. Looks and drives like a new car. The handling is excellent. The ride is very smooth, no rattles or road noise. Good acceleration for the 3.8 V-6. The driver and passenger seats are very comfortable and bolstered. Access and egress are a bit tight, as the car sits low. The rear seats are very close to the fronts and only small people or children will fit with comfort. Very adequate trunk space for a hatchback. The BatMobile rocks! I bought the car in Hawaii where I live part time and after a year there, had it shipped to my home in La Jolla, CA so it would be garaged instead of under a cover. The original beautiful green-to-blue color paint gets a lot of compliments. The color changes when the sun shines on it. I've been checking the mileage and with normal driving we get about 26 MPG overall. Love the BatMobile!

*purrs*

^^Re-bound, 08/30/2008
2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had an '88 Dodge Aries, '95 Geo Metro & an '02 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I said I'd NEVER drive another car after being in my truck but with gas at $4 & getting 17 mpg while driving a 60 mile daily commute. I had to re-evaluate. I was shown 3 crap cars when I went in for a trade- in (1 was TOTALLY crapped out & wouldn't even crank!) & then shown this '01 Firebird. I drove it. That's all there was to it. I giggled the whole time! Kit had 75K miles on her & hadn't been taken care of very well but she purrs like a dream & the LOOKS she gets is just mesmerizing!! *giggles* Truck? What truck?! :D