Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Aurora for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Worth a lot more than you will pay!

Michael C, 04/01/2016
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was an auto broker for many years and I recommended this car to numerous people. Is there a car made that doesn't have problems, of course not, there will never be a "one and done" but if you are looking at one of these get it checked out by a mechanic first and then be glad you bought it. The gas mileage for a car of this size is wonderful, the ride is really good. It's roomy front and back and has a massive trunk. The trunk is so big I put a 12" sub woofer in a box and mounted it in the trunk and I can still get the spare tire out. When you are driving it doesn't feel as big as it is. I have a 2001 with 108,000 miles and it doesn't even let in much road noise at all. I do a ton of driving and the only thing I have done to the car in a year and a half is add an after market stereo. I honestly don't have anything negative to say. To get really nit-picky I'm 5'11" tall and the seats don't go back as far as i would like. If you are my height or taller you definitely want to check that out first. I guess you get what you pay for and in my case I got so much more because I paid hardly anything for mine. Even though Oldsmobile isn't being made anymore quite a few different GM products used the same parts. This being said, parts are not hard to find and this isn't a high maintenance car to keep up. *Update I've been commuting now for the past nine months and I'm averaging over 400 miles per tank of gas. The air shocks are great for long drives and this car takes a beating. I have put 27,000 miles on it in the past 9 months and its running strong.

Olds

ameschen, 11/25/2012
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my aurora in 2007 used with 138k miles on it, I'm around 202k now. I could not be happier with my first car. I've had little issues like changing a handful of sensors, and a fuel pump but spending a few hundred every once in a while is better than a car payment. It is pretty good on gas for being a V8 too, I live in the city and my average is 23 mpg. On the express way I get around 35 believe it or not! My Olds still has plenty of life left in it. I plan on keeping it until I run it into the ground and who knows I might look for another after.

GM wrong,should've added this to Buick

mmtphoto, 03/18/2008
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned probably 36-40 cars, and this is without a doubt the nicest, smoothest, quietest and prettiest car I have ever owned. So far it has been pretty dependable, and the aluminum hood and trunk lid are pretty trick. I enjoy the heated seats, the great radio/cd player with the 12 disk changer in the trunk, the climate control, steering wheel controls, and beautiful interior and exterior. It has a sunroof, and intelligent wipers, and the aluminum 4 cam engine and trans are quiet and smooth. I do my own repairs-this car is a little complicated, but so far I have been able to solve the somewhat minor problems without any drama. Nicer than a Caddy, Jag, Acura, BMW in my opinion.

'01 Aurora

Tom, 12/23/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used. Its resale is suffering so badly that I got a terrific deal. After getting this kind of deal, I could care less about resale as I plan to keep the car for a very long time. It is very comfortable, looks great, and handles fine. I have had no problems with it other than normal maintenance.

There ain't nah-thing ordinary about this car.

Karen Troxell, 07/16/2016
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Perhaps I should say that everything about this car is ordinary. That is if you're comparing it to a BRAND NEW Japanese Luxury Sport Sedan! It seems like every new Maxima, Accura, Camry, Infinity, and even BMW is trying to BE this car! This does have the negative effect of driving a classic while looking like everything else out there. That's how far ahead of it's time it was. It's BIG. Not as wide as most full-size luxury sedans, but that's actually an advantage. It has a big car ride, but doesn't give a big car driving experience. You know... boring. With it's speed-sensitive steering, it feels more like a Firebird on the open road. You know... exciting! It's a real solid build. Simply stated, check out Wikipedia, who says that it broke GM's frame-crush tester. Then go online and look at some pix. See how much rust, and how many dents you see on these classics. And with that solid build, you're nearly guaranteed a quiet interior. Let's talk about that quiet interior. The first time I got into mine, if I had gone in blindfolded, when it was removed, I would have thought I was in a European exotic. Most comfortable driver's seat I've ever parked my butt in. High-backed leather bucket. Look at the pix again. See how many cracked seats, dashboards, and door panels you see. Mine doesn't have any. The instrumentation has an understated elegance. The cockpit is completely driver oriented, with a split dashboard that cries out, "Hands off my controls!" As a matter of fact, the ashtray is actually quite inconvenient for the front passenger, who actually needs to do a 'reach-around'. CONSIDERING it's size, the gas mileage is GREAT! Out on the highway at 65, I get THIRTY-TWO miles to a gallon. A/C or not. With the unspeakably comfortable climate control off, I get around 23 in ordinary conditions. And, (groan) about 15 if I do run the EIGHT speed blower fan. But it is absolutely the best A/C I've ever seen in a car. Those are deadly accurate readings. It has a Driver Information Center that tells you virtually EVERY stat you would want to know about fuel. You know... just like a new car. But it does have it's limits! Once it reads that you have a fuel range of 45 miles, it says 'low fuel', and it won't let you reset it. It's like it's saying, "Look, a-hole, I said you're REAL low! You ain't holding me to a critical prediction!" All this, while cranking 215 hp out of a 3.5 V6. Now the bad. I'm a member of the Aurora Club of North America, which is a good thing, for a BAD reason. Some mechanics refuse to work on these. There are no Chilton's or Haynes manual available. There are very few in the junk yards, some small parts are non-existent, (in my case, window retaining clips), and they don't generally match up with other GM cars. You-Tube videos showing guys doing repairs on them are non-existent as well. The trunk tends to leak, and the window switches are not switches at all, they are 'triggers', and every time you touch one, you're playing Russian Roulette. You WILL spend some time messing with windows. My driver's window goes about 3/4 of the way down IF you help guide it both up and down. It operates on zip-ties, despite the fact that we did everything we could to get a better fix. I've owned 20 cars in my life, and I've only truly loved three of them. This one, is my all-time favorite. Let's wrap it all up like this. If you asked me to trade my Aurora, for ANY other car, and I couldn't sell it, I could only drive it.... I'd tell you to shove your Jaguar! Well, they asked me to update my review. A 1995 Chevy Suburban plowed into my rear at 40 MPH, with their foot on the gas instead of the brake, while I was stopped at a stop sign. It pushed the trunk in, and destroyed the bumper cowling and fog-lights. Not a BIT of damage to the frame or quarter panels. It didn't even move the car, or give me a jolt. The only reason I knew I had been tagged was because I heard the crash. This is important, because a smaller car would have been pushed into the intersection, where it would have been T-boned by the right of way traffic. Drove it like that for 10 months with a bungee holding down the trunk lid. So their insurance gave me double what I paid for it, 1/1/2 months after I bought it. Bought a $400 parts car, paid $750 to a frame shop to pull the trunk, and switched out the doors, because all the windows in my parts car were working. I guess I should add that I drove that parts car 175 miles back home, with a slipping transmission that wouldn't hold any fluid. Even that was a more enjoyable ride than most cars. I have now owned the car for 14 months, and have kicked out for a crank sensor, and a brake line. Had to drop the starter to change the sensor, but was still a relatively cheap and easy repair. When the sensor went, it didn't leave me sitting. The 'check engine' light came on, and I had to pump the gas to get it going. For a 15 year old car with over 100K, that is GREAT reliability and value.

Satisfied Owner - We need Oldsmobiles

DE Smith, 08/25/2009
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was my 3 rd Olds and the best ever of cars that I have owned. I laugh as I read the features of the top of the line (Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, etc) about features my 2001 Olds has, rain sensor wipers, wrap around air bags (front and back safety features, steering wheel controls, the pass through to luggage caompartment, I have used many times, to caarry long itmes and fly rods!), Teh ride all passengers compliment and cannot believe it is and Oldsmobile. Few know it was one of the oldest auto manufactured in USA. It is a damn shame it was shut down as it was superbly designed, well built with only minor flaws that in subsequent years would have been made to make it perfect.

What a ride!

Rick, 02/20/2016
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. Great family car with a sporty performance.comfortable for long or short rides.

The Worst Car I Have Ever Owned

slipperysil, 08/17/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had to have more than $10,000 worth of warranty work done on my Oldsmobile Aurora and know it seems like something goes wrong every week, like the window motor, air shock sencor, etc...

Last flag ship still held the name high.

85cieraholiday, 01/06/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Aurora was Oldsmobile's last flagship and it shows. The car is quiet, comfortable, and even in standard 3.5 trim has lots of standard features like leather,cd player, and air shocks. The V6 has lots of power and is very quiet. The transmission is very smooth, and the car always seems ready to pounce. This is a real luxury car that proudly carries the Oldsmobile flag for future generations. The style of the exterior is timeless, and the inside has lots of storage, as well as a feeling of quality. Do yourself a favor and find one with a sun roof, it changes the who feel of the interior. I reccomend this car to everyone.

overall summary

tom murdock, 03/20/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Oldsmobile Aurora is a solid car. It provides good performance. Even after long trips, I feel fairly fresh. It has a very good feel and ride to it. Entering interstates, this car can really move and run with the best. Its radio and stereo are excellent as are the heating and ac systems. If Oldsmobile was still making this car, I would purchase another. This vehile is my second Aurora.

I hope your wallet is loaded!!!

Kstas, 10/05/2004
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

39,000(took ownership). 42,000 Major steering issues, still ongoing, dealer fixes and problem reoccurs 2 wks later. Dealer insists no problem & is trying to tell me to buy another set of tires when just bought a set at 43,500. Even put on new GM chrome rims, no help just better look. 43,636 camshaft folded (engine replaced)$50.00 deductible. 47,683 window regulator. 50,617 Brake booster seal (warranty). 56,391 Oil level sensor(warranty). 57,543 (leak) housing for license plate bulbs ($145 GM reimbursed). 65,077 water pump $50.00 deductible. 71,300 Transmission Input Speed Sensor($50 deduct) & Secondary Air Injection Pump(not covered $365 repair). Still costly even with extended warranty.

Back to the Future

fast jimmy, 08/01/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Remember the movie " Back to the Future"? I sure wish GM did. If so, they would reproduce the best car that I have owned. I have had the good fortune of owning two Acuras, two BMWs, one Corvette and one Lexus. My Aurora has build quality, comfort, performance, safety features and design that meets or exceeds all my previous vehicles. So, GM, hop into a DeLorean and see what you can and should do.

Safe and Reliable Car

Olds Driver, 07/28/2007
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used over three years ago. All repairs (zero strandings and little inconvenience) have included window regulator (free under 60k mi warranty,) cam sensor - light (free again,) water pump (housing developed small leak which after several thousand miles had done for $200,) power steering pump (also a minor problem done at our convenience for $200.) A timing belt change on an economy car would have cost more than what we have spent in 70,000 miles of use. The only complaint I would give is the magnasteer unit which occasionally gave incorrect drag during high speed turns. I disconnected the magnet/rack (free and took two minutes) and now have generally perfect steering.

I miss having this car!

karluvr, 04/13/2015
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

One of the sharpest cars I've ever owned. Loved the ride & handling and all the creature comforts. For the size of the car, I got pretty good gas mileage (3.5 V-6). Had tons of "extras". Loved the heated seats in winter and the Bose system with the 12-disc changer in the trunk. Quiet, smooth ride. I should have held on to this one! Black exterior with two-tone saddle leather interior.

Long term review (after 3 years)

mtach3, 02/27/2010
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote my first review a month after I had it.I still love it after 3 years, but I had to replace the engine and tranny.The warranty I bought with the car covered ALL the repairs.The tranny was easy, but the engine was a problem.It kept overheating and it took 9 attempts before the dealership figured out the engine block had a clog.Because they kept returning the car to me without properly repairing it,the motor died.In the process they replaced every part of the cooling system.Finally,they replaced the motor with a brand new one from GM.Most of this issue was due to a bad service center.If they fixed it right the first time it would have cost them $400. Instead, it was $9,000. Duh!!

Disappointment

judye, 06/24/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I hadn't purchased it. It's been a money pit, since I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. Got a great deal on it, or so I thought-even bought the less expensive extended warranty from GM. That's where the 'deal' ended.The car has been in and out of the shop.So far, I have spent over $3,000 on repairs. Towed 5 times-for no starts,window & wiper motors, theft system faults, constant oil leaks-change every 3,000 mi.& add a quart every month, pollution equipment, peeling chrome rims-to name a few. 90% of repairs aren't covered under the warranty."Should have bought the more expensive one." I did like this car-nice ride, comfortable, luxurious. Nothing but regrets-too expensive to maintain.

My last GM car

3 Time Olds Owner, 10/22/2009
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 5 GM products but this is my last one. The car has needed $1500 in transmission work, $300 to fix a steering shaft, has suffered a leaking trunk and leaking sun roof, has various electrical gremlins, and has been an overall disappointment. Of the last 6 oil changes, only one visit was just for an oil change, in fact I've spent over $4000 in repairs in two years. Its no wonder why GM went bankrupt after owning this car.

Was good in the beginning

Robin, 07/05/2010
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Aurora with 40,000 miles on it. It was great nice smooth ride handled well and loved the set up inside. About 3 years ago I started having problems with the wheel barons and have replaced the front driver and passenger side about three times each. All the Windows don't work the motors inside all broke the sun roof leaks. The transmission leaks, the oil leaks I have to put almost 5 qt in between each oil change and I had to replace the alternator twice in one year along with many other things. I just put a brand new alternator in a month ago and had to buy a battery yesterday and my battery light is on and says check charging system and I don't know why. I regret buying this car

Great Car Overall

niteowl, 04/02/2004
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this has been a good ownership experience. The car rides great, is quiet, and the V6 gives a good compromise between mileage and power. I drove the V8, and while it has more power the front end was heavier and the car seemed less agile. Excellent highway cruiser. After a long trip we are much less tired than riding in other cars we have owned. Have seen others complain about squeaks/rattles/fit/finish, howevever, I have had no problems. No warranty issues other than replaced front tie rods at 35,000 miles--seems to be an issue with this car and the Seville, which share the same platform.

2001 Olds Aurora

Glenn, 10/20/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My car is fun to drive - it handles securely in traffic and on the road. After 70,000 miles it has been very reliable with only two trips to the dealer for repair service. It is a good sized car that is very comfortable and economic to drive. My car gets over 30 mpg on the road and usually 26 - 27 mpg overall. I have never been stuck in the snow here in Wisconsin. The V6 engine seems to have adaquate power in passing other cars on the open road. The trunk space could be a little larger, but that is a small matter overall. If GM were were still making this model it would be first on my list when looking for another sedan.

Hate to Trade It, but...

Frank, 11/23/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car as an early lease return and paid half of what a new one cost. It has had the typical repairs (dimming headlight problem and ignition switch failure) but overall it has been reliable and a head turner whenever we take it out. It has never seen snow or winter roads (a garage queen) but the resale value is plummeting, parts seem to be in short supply, and my extended warranty is up, so it will be traded in shortly for a fraction of what should be worth. I, too, am sorry GM bailed out on this one. It was my third Olds and by far the best. I tried a Cadillac CTS but it just doesn't come close. Looks like an Acura may be the next step.

A Lot of Car for the Money

Airfiddler, 12/09/2006
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking around for an econobox when I saw this car. It was in beautiful condition, well looked after. One test drive and I was sold. Hey great gas mileage isn't everything. The engine and transmission are soooo smooth. It has lots of power, and it has a great snarl when you put your foot into it. The ride is a little firmer and noisier than my Buick Riviera's. It could be the low profile 17" wheels and tires. Its build quality is adequate. It's no Lexus, but for what you will pay it can't be beat. A few little things may bug you, like burnt out dash lights or the odd squeak now and then. That 4.0 litre Northstar DOHC engine is worth the price of entry alone. It's so quiet and vibration free compared to the Riviera's 3800 V6.

A great, low-key luxury car

lola, 03/13/2002
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Aurora because I wanted a great luxury car that was also understated (unlike a Lexus or Audi). It is fantastic on long trips or around town. I like it so much that I now have 2!

Fun and reliable

srcorvettez06, 04/07/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The harder I beat on this car the more it asks for. I have a cool air intake and I painted the brakes and mufflers with rustoleum. I'm 17 and really beat on my car. It's faster than it looks. After port and polishing the intake, I was able to keep up with a Camaro RS with a 305ci. The 3.5 has a lot of potential. Removing the Cat and Res boosted 12 Horses at the front wheels. Intake was about another 5 with port and polish adding 8. My only recommendation to everyday drivers is getting a set of Goodyear Assurance Luxurys. I ride on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. They can take the Aurora around corners at about 3X the speed limit. Really expensive but they last forever.

330,000 miles of reliability

WLV, 02/03/2017
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Get the 4.0 Engine, Heated Seats, Travel from the Central Coast to SLC and still have your energy left, a great long distance car. Four inches of snow and ice and very little slip.

I found one with 47,000 miles

David Hance, 09/11/2019
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

WOW, what a car and what wonderful older folks that sold it to me! The car is everything Michael said in his review and more. I call it my American BMW and the rear is independent suspension NOT a solid axle. The V6 is not a powerful Dodge Pentastar but the ride and bang for the buck is incredible. I have seen another review and the fellow has some 260,000 miles and still loves it. Like anything, dont beat it, their older now. I am going to try and avoid high RPM passing gear down shifts until I can have the transmission serviced. The engine lists more torque than horsepower so you dont really need to go over 4200 RPM. I already have people cant believe the condition and good looks. So find a nice one and enjoy it. PS: My registration was $52 and will go down next year. David in Camden SC

Eh...It's just OK

terry1988, 04/17/2013
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Oldsmobile has been alright for the year that I had it. I've since then traded it for a Honda Accord. Engine and transmission were solid but there have been a few problems over the course of a year. Water pump, ($350) Power steering pump, ($200) Front-end wheel bearings, Tie rods, Front-end alignment, (650), A/C Compressor, (900). My car had an leaking oil issue to the point of going through 4 quarts in between oil changes. Interior quality wasn't very good - headliner falling down - door panel plastic crumbling. Great car but it's expensive to maintain.

Nice

RayRay, 06/16/2010
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned 28 cars and this car has the best all round qualities. the people having issues with these cars obviously neglected their machine. mine has 176k miles and looks better than cars 1/10th its age. normal maintenance is expected with any car. 01-03 AURORA = 06-09 LUCERNE!

Awful Car - couldn't sell it fast enough

az66bug, 08/16/2013
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Last GM car I will ever buy, was a loyal GM fan until this piece of crap. These cars were around $40K new and 7 years old and could barely get $4500 with 96,000 miles on it - although I'd probably would have gave it away as much as I hated it. The 4.0 v8 always leaked oil - the oil pan gasket at $1500 a pop to replace; replaced water pump twice, struts were going, power steering leaked, sunroof broke and countless other problems. The only good thing I'd say is that it was comfortable and some what stylish design. Unless you get this car for free, I'd stay far way from this car, it will suck every penny out of you. To those with a great experience with this car - congrats and lucky you.

Aurora at its Best !

FerronJackson, 07/16/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car in March of 2007, I'm the second owner of this Pearl White 2001 Aurora 3.5, it had exactly 50,000 on it when I bought the car. It has been a wonderful vehicle, no time spent in the shop at all, no problems, no nothing! I'm very pleased that all I've had to do is start it and go! I love the style of the car inside and out! Gm could not have done a better job with this one, everything about the car is a pleasure except for fuel economy I average 17 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway other than that I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a quality luxury American car!

Aurora is a winner

Tom M, 08/14/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the 2001 Aurora to replace my 185K mile Intrigue that I gave my college grad son. This Aurora has the exact same reliable, well performing power train. This car is VERY comfortable, quiet and loaded with features that are now showing up on 2008 models. Great gas mileage for a luxury car (28 on highway). Trouble free. One small air pump valve failed, simple replacement done myself with genuine GM parts from on-line supplier. My ex-Toyota co-worker was very impressed with how quiet and tight the car was after 65K miles. This car feels like brand new at 7 yrs old. Best car I have owned.

E Bay Purchase

DTA, 10/29/2008
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bid on and won this car on E Bay. I specifically wanted an Aurora after owning a 3.5 L back in 2001 which, by the time I sold it in 2005 had 92,000 trouble free miles on it. I wish I could say the same for the SUV I replaced it with. I have put 17,000 on my 4.0 L since February and it is still going strong. There have been minor issues but all have been simple to take care of without the need for a dealer or auto shop to be involved. I look daily at E Bay to find another good deal as when my wife's lease goes back guess what she will be driving. Great car, exceptional value for money. GM should have made this a Cadillac

Smooth ride, great value

MikeP, 12/14/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this care used with about 18,000 miles. Currently at 108,000. Smooth ride, luxurious for the price, good acceleration, good stereo, hugs the road. No engine trouble besides it started burning about a quart of oil every 1000 miles once I hit 50k. No biggie from my perspective. Very nice car, no complaints whatsoever. Love the pearl white paint. Nice aluminum wheels. Great trunk space. Leather has held up well. Nice look from the front at night with a cool headlight design.

Great Vehicle - Fun to Drive!

Granto, 05/23/2002
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

The car provides greeaattt power, looks good, and not every Tom, Dick and Harry drives one. I notice other drivers checking it out as I drive around town.

Perfect all around!

rjs200240, 05/24/2002
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great. Beautiful engine with an alluring purr. The exterior is clean and attractive and a little bit mysterious. The interior is as attractive as they come, especially for the price. Plenty of luxury features like 12-way seats, rain-sensing wipers, stability control, and a smooth, sonorous V8. The Indy Racing League heritage is something to be proud of too. 49 wins in 51 races over 5 years.

My Olds

johnbauer, 01/03/2008
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall rating is "Very Good". The only problem was the Computer Control Center, and this was handled under the warrentee at 45,000 miles. City mileage is OK at 18.5 mpg and 24 on the highway. The car is very comfortable and handles well.

Long term owner

CE, 10/29/2009
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used as a GM "program" car and have never regretted purchase. I have put 104,000 miles on this beauty and it has never let me down. The exterior has held up exceptionally well and the interior as well. Had some warranty work on AC vents (plastic broke), replaced an actuator on the rear window, and have an oil pan gasket leaking (engine has to be removed to fix--won't do that). I am on my 2nd set of tires--the Michelins OEM tires went 65000 miles before I replaced and it looks like the ones on it now will go as far. Good ride and handling, fast as a snake, and comfortable on the road. Very quiet idling--that still amazes me, can't hear or feel it even after all these years.

good to have

freebird, 03/02/2010
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2008 from one previous owner it was in good condition with a few minor problems...slow oil leak..but other than that the car is great. I have not had any other problems..bet deal i have ever gotten.

Aurora 3.5

randy, 09/14/2002
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most reliable vehicle I have owned and I have owned or leased over 10 vehicles. The power and handling ability are exceptional and the lumbar support and power seats make this a most comfortable car to drive. Oldsmobile has truly created a fine luxury vehicle beating the former European luxury car I owned before with its comfort, handling, and power. Too bad GM is discontinuing Oldsmobile. They should place the Aurora into the Buick line as its luxury sport vehicle.

Shining Star from GM-Almost

dustybobb, 09/18/2002
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Who needs a V8 when the 3.5L V6 delivers smooth powerful acceleration and good fuel economy? Plus you stand out from the crowd since there aren"t that many around.

A masterpiece of engineering.

WED, 09/29/2002
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is our third Aurora.During this time we also had two Cadillacs. When i retired we had a 1997 Aurora and a 1997 Cadillac. We sold the Cadillac, though satisfied with it, we felt the Aurora offered more driving pleasure. We drive around town and across co

The Car Of The Millenium!

Aurora Kid, 10/19/2002
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 2001 Aurora 4.0 that I have owned for the past 2 years has been the best car that I have ever driven or seen in the 43 years that I have been driv- ing. There is not enough space here for me to say how great this car is.

2.5 yrs later

RJF, 11/08/2002
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Classy, fun to drive sports sedan. Has great performance with excellant highway mileage (29+) at 70+. Turns heads with great styling. Elegant leather and wood interior that is comfortable on long trips.

Best For The $$$$$

WindyCityJay, 07/10/2002
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I Contemplated between the V8 & the V6 test drove both the 8 wasnt significantly more powerful In other words I didnt notice a difference between the 2 But the Fuel economy on the 6 is Outstanding over 420 miles on a tank during regular Highway driving. Enough power to challenge most other cars on the road over 125 m.p.h. for over an hr going to San Diego from Chicago through Utah over 50K miles and still drives like new with no proiblems whatsoever.

hate to see it go

olds lover, 10/26/2002
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd aurora. I owned a 1997 first. Have bought 4 new cadillacs since 1986 and for the money this car puts them all to shame. I enjoy driving this car on long trips.

I'd Recommend This Car To A Friend

bluehen900, 12/23/2002
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I compared the Aurora to the Lincoln LS, Toyota Avalon and Chrystler 300M. I found the Aurora to be far superior. The performance has been excellent and nothing has disappointed me. The options are great, from the dual heated power front seats to the rain-sensing wipers. An excellent value with option only found in much more expensive vehicles. Only dislike is the view of the headlights...looks too much like the Olds Intrigue. I would and have recommended this car to friends.

Outstanding Car

Jericho, 08/05/2003
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my 4.0 used a few months ago, after reconsidering an SUV purchase...Who really needs 90 cubic feet of space...I got so much luxury for my money...Its a shame the resale is so low...the cars handles flawlessly...I feel the road and the engin at work together and was shocked at the balls in this car...off the line its great and the interier is outstanding...soo comfortable to drive anywhere. I have a FULLY loaded version and after hours of time spent on comparison...could not find one reason to not buy this car...It seems to be the best kept secret on the road. Sorry it has to go

Good

oldcrs, 08/22/2003
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I found this car to be all that I had hoped for and more. I was looking for a car with comfort,performance and handeling. While it's not a road racer it does very well. It is easy to drive and supplys all the ginger bread you could want while still giving you a good feel of the road.

Great Car -- Good Lincoln/BMW Competitor

Dalas, 09/03/2003
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Too bad GM couldn't market this to the late thirty, early forty something effectively as this is a great car. I thoroughly enjoy the ride, features, handling, performance, sound, leather, size, sound.

2001 3.5 Not So Lucky

oke doke, 09/30/2003
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Acquired the 2001 3.5 in Feb 2003 w/ 19K mi. The car now has 30K mi. on it. Since purchase, replaced the steering column, the pwr steering pump, the ignition switch (the car would literally just stop running on the highway while doing 70 mph), and as of 09/29/03, the transmission is gone!. Also - the driver door squeak were one's left leg rests against the speaker (in case you think the noise is coming from your seat). Needless to say, kind of a bum experience. I owned a '98 Aurora w/ 100K on it and traded it in on this - the '98 never had an issue - guess I made a bad call...

51050