Used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...56789...18

Pros
Cons

loved it!

lovedmyalero, 05/07/2002

I just traded in my alero gl 4dr for an suv. But I really miss it! The car was fun to drive. I put 30,000 miles on it with just some minor problems all covered under the warranty. It can do 0 to 60 in just seconds. It's fast, racey and great looking. I feel like I'm driving a sports car. Too bad they are not made anymore. I had to trade it in because I needed a 4wd car. But otherwise, I loved it and I miss it.

Great car

Mackenzie, 05/13/2002

This car is fun to drive and performs well. I have had the car a year and a half with no major issues. Few minor issues (w/ cd player) That were all under warranty and fixed correctly by the Dealer ship the First time.

Love My Coupe!

ms.cheski, 03/03/2009

I have had this car for about 18 months now and love it! This car had nearly 77k miles on it when purchased and we're up to 106k. I have the V6 motor and it has some serious power. Gas mileage isn't spectacular, but we're not too ginger, either. Around town we get 22-24, highway we've gotten up to 27 when she's all tuned up. Its solid and does well in the snow, too. There have been a couple issues with tie rods and once our rotors were practically rusted through- but I think they were cheap parts as we have not had the problem again. There is some issue with a few sensor lights coming on even tho nothing is wrong-I just ignore it. Only trading in because I'm pregnant and we need four doors.

Great car

jon, 07/14/2009

This is a good strong car built by GM. I've driven it to the ground and have had to replace rotors, a/c and a few electrical components. It's definitely a well-built car. I've experienced some problems mentioned by other people here, such as the peeling dash, and some paint problems on the hood, but otherwise I'm satistied with the car. In town mpg is about 20 when I drive like a madman, but on the highway i get closer to 36mpg. Pretty good for a car with decent umph. Steering, throttle and breaks a lot more responsive than many japanese cars that i've drive.

Good Car

Bradley James, 07/12/2002

I have had very few problems with this car, I had a bad multifuntion switch that caused the turn signals not to work, but it was fixed under warenty. The only other complaint i have is that it is a four cyl. but it gets worse gas milage than most 6 cyl. cars, and also the 4 cyl. motor is quite noisy

1...56789...18