Used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Not the best

danny, 04/03/2006

It may look good, but the 4-cylinder engine in the Alero was not made to last. I have had so many small problems with this car, it is a big headach. Furthermore, the interier is very cheap the dash looks like a raisin. If you buy a vehicle, buy a better class.

Tale of an Alero

Radkor, 11/11/2007

I bought my '00 Alero w/32000 mi in May '01 as an rebuildable. This car has been great! 37mpg. Fuel regulator replaced under warranty, Frt brakes & rotors rplcd at 50k, rears at 70k, tires every 55k. Replaced poorly designed pass dr window regulator for $70 via boneyard. $80 flasher was to be rplcd under warranty but GM stopped that because it was a rebuilable. I love that car, everyone thought the factory 8 spker CD was aftermarket, it is that good! I was never tired after 9hr drives, and I have a bad back. I beat that car, I learned how to do 360s in the Red Hot Rod, what my kids called it. drove 4yrs. Its my daughters' now.

Do Not BUY THIS CAR!

redlovely1, 06/13/2003

I was in love with my Alero when I first bought it. However, it's safety rating dropped and my auto insurance increased. Also it has this annoying clicking noise behind the hazard switch that the dealerships could not fix while it was under warranty and I took it 3 times. They kept changing the hazard switch, but the clicking continued. This car had lots of power, but with high miles (mine had 77K) it is worth $1 and starts having problems other cars would have at 100K +. Brakes were an issue.

Nice Car

lbsorensen, 05/15/2008

I bought this car 6 years ago. The kids were much smaller then. Now that they are leggy teens, the back seat is small for 3 of them. But I find that the car is a great family vehicle. nice body style, and fairly peppy.

It was a good car when I was 18!

Steph, 06/18/2009

I have had this car for 5 years now. So far I have replaced the brakes/roters every year. I had to replace the radiator in 04'. Recently it has been constantly overheating. I went in today and they told me the head was cracked and the pistons were loose! I have put more money in repairs then what I bought it for! Off to the dealership to by a different car!

12345...18