Used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

YOU'LL BE SORRY............I WAS !!!!!!!

kuld@N.J, 08/02/2002

Where do I start???It all started at 7000 miles.Matter a fact,it is still going on.The car was to the dealer about 13 times already.The problems were;check engine light(dealer said it was only gas cap problem,The next day I broke down on the highway.It turns out the guts inside the catalitic converter broke apart.It took 9 trips to the dealer to figure that one out and a lawyer.When that went so did the muffler.The light came on again,this time oxygen sensors blew.From there on the car has been back for a alternator,door gasket,gas cap problems and a fan motor next week.

Alero Happy

Vipersaint, 03/01/2002

Car is a nice size and handles exceptionally well for a sedan. Reasonable acceleration(this from a former Viper owner). Have heard of issues with brakes but no problems yet as of 31,000 miles. Reliable. Leather is cheap and will tear. Nevertheless, can recommend this car to anyone.

don't do it

ready to get rid of , 06/18/2003

At 9000 miles, brakes went out on me three times. Had to replace brakes a rotors. At 23000 had to replace fuel pump, at 31000 replaced power steering pump. Doors stay messed up, have had three of the four doors fixed at different times. Fuel gauge is off, have to find a station at little over quarter tank. Drivers window won't roll down, already fixed passengers window in back also.Its gonna cost over three hundred dollars to fix the window. Pass side door stays stuck now. Door locks possessed, they click locked unlocked on their own continuiously, have to take out the fuse to get them to stop. Lots of road noise also.

Bye-bye Olds

mountainman68, 09/09/2003

Maybe it is good GM is axing Olds. This was a "program" car, so maybe it was abused before we got it, but before 75000 miles we had a motor mount break, coolant leak from intake manifold, 3 full brake jobs, twice in shop for driveability - one was an air sensor. Don't remember the other problem. Continuous intermittent electrical problems that dealer can't find. I'm glad I bought an extended warranty. (too bad the brakes weren't covered) I do like the sporty styling and V6 performance, but interior is too small and car cannot be trusted. I will be trading it in the very near future. I will not be buying another GM product. Period.

WORST CAR EVER!

Katy, 01/01/2005

My 2000 Alero has been a nightmare! Six months after buying it I had to have the brakes replaced (two more times since then). The dash board and door upholstery is peeling up, I've had to have three of the motors replaced in my power windows ($200 per window), the alternator has been replaced twice, and have had numerous electrical problems. This is the worst car I have ever had!

12345...18