Used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Trash Heap

Wildplrbear, 11/07/2009

I have owned this car for 6 years and treated it like an old man would. It did not love me back, it constantly bit the hand that feed it. The car is horribly constructed. It has built in flaws that are unfixable and dangerous. It completely broke down with 112000 miles. By break down, I mean it gave up on life. I do not believe it is even ok to sell this car to someone. I plan on taking it to a junk yard and asking them to destroy it. Did not start 15% of the time because of security system issues, new bearings every 15K miles, windows that stop working every winter, bad head gaskets, bad intake gaskets, new breaks every 20K miles, shorting wires on a semiannual basis.

GM fooled me once but never again!

ihateGM!, 09/24/2010

This was my first new car buy ever. Peeling dashboard at 36K miles, rack & pinion and tie rods needed replaced at 38K miles. And I'll spare you all the other repairs under $500. Yes, I'm still driving it after 10 years, but when your car has $0 trade-in value at year 4, what choice does one have? (The dealer says to replace the dashboard is over $2000 to repair). My father was UAW and I never thought I'd say this but my next car won't be an American brand. GM, shame on you! The government bailout money will be the last penny of mine you'll ever get from me.

Stay away from GM

Patrick, 07/05/2008

Major repairs: Transmission blew up at 95,000 miles, although 80% of my driving is on the highway. Replaced fuel pump at 60,000. Minor repairs: Two stuck front calipers. 1 front wheel bearing, intermittent driver side power window. Leaking intake gasket and transmission gasket. Power steering hose disconnected. Fan resistor replaced twice. I do expect the car to have some things to fix once in a while, but I do not accept a premature transmission or fuel pump failure. GM, you fooled me.

Tickedoff, 07/14/2002

I own a 2000 gls, brakes are horrible, windshield leaks, problem w/turn signals (would not turn on until hazzard switch pressed several times) Not to mention it's not worth anything!

Great car for less!

Espfire, 07/25/2002

I feel the Oldsmobile division has taken a major criticism for a lineup that rivals Buick and Pontiac. Redesigned cars from the year 2000. The models have been safe, reliable and have outstanding body designs. Though a little behind in overall quality from Toyota and Honda, it really outshines Ford and the previously mentioned GM divisions. It will be a shame to see Oldsmobile go. People were catching on to the new look and feel of Olds and now GM simply gave up on a lineup that was making headway in a full market.

12345...18