Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Truck for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

bullitproof

famouspotatos, 05/10/2002
1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has been through the construction of two homes, two teenagers and it still looks good and runs even better. It has never been in the shop for other than routine maintainence.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Nissan Pickup

R. KOK, 01/05/2009
1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new to tow behind our motorhome. It now has 110,000 miles and the first repair was in oct. 07, a temp sensor in the carb. barrel. It is underpowered, but I consistently get 20mpg, and that's with a 4wd vehicle. it's on the fourth set of tires, but part of that could be from towing it 100k miles. In 4wd it has been in places where few trucks have gone in UT, AZ, and CO. It's pretty spartan, but I have driven it 1000 miles straight and I find the seat ore comfortable than a car. I rarely go over 65 because it's geared a bit low, but that little engine just keeps going hour after hour at a steady 3200 rpm. I am looking for another truck, maybe a frontier.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Better Than Average

Will, 08/04/2009
1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck when it was 2 years old and had 29,000 miles. I've owned it for 10 years - it now has 130,000 and still runs fine. The only repairs other than routine maintenance have been tie rod ends and ball joints at about 90,000 and starter at 125,000 miles. It's been a solid and dependable truck. Gas mileage has been about 20 in town and 24 highway (it's a 5 speed manual 4WD). It is a bit underpowered but that hasn't been a problem for me. I've used it off- road and also towed a trailer with it but rarely drive over 60 mph. I hope to keep it for a long time

4.5 out of 5 stars

Best Small Truck

Martin Leymon, 04/13/2010
1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Love this truck. It starts in the worst winter conditions unconditionally. It still looks good except for rust that has started at the top of the roof and extends all the way across. I have had several people offer to buy or trade for it since the day I bought it. Very clean and other than general maintenance has been a very solid truck. Would not hesitate to buy a new one. Nissan did this right.

4 out of 5 stars

Still Going

keeper, 04/11/2010
1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new in 97. Used to tow metro from town to town and for door to door delivery. Put almost 25,000 miles a year first 3 years. Only 2 issues, valve covers started leaking at 12,500, 500 miles out of warranty, and power steering hose runs over alternator. Hose is poorly designed and has been a recurring problem, starts to leak about every 3 years and is quite expensive. If not replaced immediately will leak into alternator and burn it out. Even as a 2wd with about 400# in back gets around good even in moderate snow, ice and mud.