2021 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$39,680

Save as much as $4,414
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Second Titan Purchase

Corey Cornett, 02/06/2021
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

Traded a 2018 Titan Crew 4WD SL for a 2021 Titan Crew 4WD Pro-4X with more equipment. Adding the power folding mirrors, cooled seats & sunroof (plus the larger infotainment screen) was a bonus. The seats are exceptionally comfortable, even on long trips. Nissan reportedly added more sound insulation for the last model, and we believe it shows. Going down the road the truck is quiet at any speed, including the highway at 65+. PROS: strong V8, comfortable seats, increased infotainment makes Apple CarPlay easier, new upgraded gauge cluster makes accessing info easier, added safety features are easy to use, in-truck storage is good for small to medium items, the Utili-track bed system is helpful, factory can steps have extra grip (to prevent slipping in wet conditions), upgraded LED headlights outperform prior generations headlights. CONS: driver seat position is still high (tall folks have their head near the headliner and sunroof), the steering is heavy (perhaps more boosting needed at lower speeds?), the gas gauge reads almost empty when there’s still about 10 gallons left in the 26 gallon tank, the 26 gallon tank isn’t ideal for long trips (most competitors offer larger tanks for range improvement), Fender audio is bass heavy and speakers pop and moderate volume, inconsistent function of electric steering wheel adjustment frustrates, and the new 9 speed auto trips when slowing and accelerating (but not coming to a full stop). The truck transmission almost seems to not always select the ideal gear. Never happened with the older 7 speed unit but the 9 speed seems unrefined by comparison.

Love My Titan...It Deserves More Respect!

2021 Titan Owner, 04/30/2021
SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

I am really impressed with the Titan and love driving it. Impressions when test driving: Its real-world V8 performance, handling, braking and comfort are equal to or better than my 2016 F150. In addition to the F150 I have owned Ridgeline and Tundra, and have test driven all choices (though only bothered to go so far as sitting in the GM). Except for favorable Ram reviews, and knocks on the Titan's exterior styling (the Titan has a couple awkward styling points in my opinion) I disagree with auto reviewers' opinion of the Titan vs competition. Minor styling aside I feel the Titan has no major shortcomings whereas the others did. Real world gas mileage of all trucks is within 2-4 mpg of each other (they're all horrible, so might as well get a nice sounding and driving V8) and configuration choices had no impact on my decision. The Titan's final negotiated purchase price (not the MSRP as often referred to in reviews) and warranty did have a major impact in my decision though...with the Titan SL I feel like I got an F150 Lariat / Limited (or Ram Laramie / Limited) for an XLT/Big Horn price...and got a 5 year/100k bumper to bumper warranty vs 3 year/36k with Ford and Ram. Impressions After 1 Month: Love: Seat comfort is the best! Safety technology works flawlessly. Engine sounds and drives awesome. Everything is where it should be and is easy to use. Headlights that work (my F150's headlights were beyond useless). Don't Love: Manually locking rear tailgate (need to use a key to lock!). The rear doors don't open as wide as the F150, and I keep trying to open wider. Transmission has been confused a couple times...thinking it's software getting used to my driving.

Great except for mileage

James Donnelly, 04/13/2021
SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

This is a pretty good truck. The only downside is bad gas mileage. The steering wheel feels good. The seats are comfy. Never had a problem with any of the three Titans I have owned. I would recommend this truck as long as you shop around and get a good price. The Nissan people in Gallatin, TN are some of the best. The only deal breaker the truck used to have was it's terrible infotainment screen. Now they have a large colorful one that looks great.

Ad
Build Your Titan®
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 3 Trims

3 titan owner

Zk, 04/20/2021
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

I've had a 14, 16, and now a 21. They are great trucks and work horses....and American Made! Not sure which is better. The company that is foreign owned but give jobs to Americans and makes their products here or an American company that employs in n Mexico and uses mexican parts. Anyways, the Titan is a great trucks and always has been and you don't see them around every corner so they seem to be a little unique. I would highly recommend and wish they would get the recognition they deserve for their quality and their american manufacturing.

Tremendous Truck and Value

DEP, 01/23/2021
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 9A)

I previously owned a 2017 Titan Platinum Reserve. It is almost like they had my list of changes I wanted to see and put them in the 2020+ Titan. I have a fully loaded up 2021 Pro-4x. The seats are crazy comfortable, the ONLY ones I liked as much were the massaging seats that are in the upper end Ford F150, BUT the shape of the Nissan Seat is better. Very solid stereo, huge sunroof, so far the build has been great. Quiet interior and it looks great (to me at least) as they tweaked the front end. 9 speed transmission is smoother than the 2017. Heated and Cooled seats also work much better so far than the 2017 (inconsistent). So far the 2021's have been very good though a shade slow to heat up, but they do and quite well. Great Tech on this truck also for parking and safety. I may have liked the previous Rockford Fosgate Stereo slightly better, but the Fender system is good for a stock system. Given the outstanding warranty it's tough to go wrong. Only drawback is the MPG as I do wish it was a bit better.