Used 2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Manufacture Support lacking
By Jab

2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have mixed feeling about my Titan ownership experience. I have had 3 batteries replaced in a truck with only 63k on it. I was working with Alice from Nissan and she advised no help would be provided even though the last battery was purchased about 2 years ago. Nissan will prorate however at the cost of $80. They take the position this is normal and haven’t identified anything wrong with it.

The take away is the lack of support from the manufacture, so keep this in mind when making your purchase.

exhaust dangerous problem
By Ripper

2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you are buying a 2007 Titan. Be SURE to go around to the right side of the truck where the tail pipe comes out under the fender, follow the tail pipe towards the muffler, INSPECT the first tail pipe clamp back from the muffler for security. This is the weekest part of the exhaust system, This clamp rusts and fails. When it does, the tail pipe will fall away leaving the muffler side tail pipe pointing directly straight up. If the truck is operated in this condition, the hot exhaust gasses will be directed onto the underside of the truck bed. The excess heat will melt and short out ALL wires going to tail lights ect of truck box.
Since this review at 156000 miles the following has occured. Both front wheel bearings went out one at 160000 miles, and the other at163000, The rear end had to be totally rebuilt at 170000 cause the axle housing vent plugged and the wheel bearings and seals failed and metal particales from the bearing race contaninated the rear end oil and trashed the bearings at the pumpkin. and the left axle had to be replaced $2500 rebuild, Transmission, #4 band failed at 170020 and the transmission had to be replaced with an overhauled transmission to the tune of $3900. am no longer happy with my Nissan Titan, This company has lost a customer!

A real work horse
By Mike ward

2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck takes anything I this in it or at it and takes it like a champ! 10 years and 165000 miles and I've only replaced the battery, the tires, the brakes, and the belt. It doesn't get great milage, but better than it's true compition, the 3/4 ton series.

182,000 miles and still rolling :-)
By Chris Long

2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

People always seem to ask "How long will my truck last?". And I see people put things on here like I'm at 40K and 60K with no issues.. and that's cute but.. :-) I am really impressed with how my 2007 has held up. It could die tomorrow and I would be happy with it's performance and durability. Nothing but regular maintenance for me i.e. Oil Changes, Brakes, changing the fluids.. seriously that's all..

I am thinking about getting a new pioneer radio for the dash to update the electronics since it's 2016 and all, but won't be replacing my Rockford Fosgate speakers.. that truck has amazing sound, especially with the sub-woofer under my drivers seat..

Seriously, great truck. Just wanted to let some of you guys know as I remember wondering that myself when I brought her home. Good luck to you all in your vehicle endeavors.

[contact information removed]

Incredible Truck
By titanluvr

2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's now 2015, and I have 150K miles on my Titan LE Crew Cab Offroad 4x4. My truck was finally killed this weekend by a rogue tow hitch that my wife struck while driving on the freeway. The thing went under the car and bounced up into the transmission. Busted a hole and destroyed the whole thing. May it rest in peace.
However, until that rogue tow hitch, that truck did everything I ever asked of it with ease. Drove from So. Cal. to Montana more times than I can remember and it was an easy 20 hour drive in that Titan. I towed trailers, drove through snowstorms, up icy roads, loaded the bed up with wood and more. I never babied that truck, it never needed to be babied.

The space in the interior was awesome. People constantly complimented on how much leg room they had in the back seat. The engine had power to spare. No matter what I towed, I always had more engine power than was needed. Even though I had the Off-Road package, the ride was smooth. My wife has a bad back and those 20 drives to Montana were never a problem for her. Routine maintenance was all I ever had to perform. Went through two and a half sets of Goodyear Silent Armor tires over the course of 150K miles, one battery and two sets of windshield wipers. I'll be buying a 2015 Titan Pro-4x Crew Cab to replace that truck.

The equipment storage on the driver's side, there needs to be one on the passenger side too. I'd suggest a touch screen, but it looks like they already did that. The only other thing, possibly a heads-up display for speed. Can't think of too much else I'd want. Oh, Subaru's eyesight deal would be nice (on those 20 hour drives one tends to wander out of your lane from time to time). Not much else I'd change. It's possible that the stars and the planets aligned just perfectly when they built my truck, but I'll take a chance with another Nissan Titan.