Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

Used Sentra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...27

Pros
Cons

Keeps truckin'

umpdad, 02/09/2015
1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July of '06. I drive 500 miles a week more or less and now have 235,500 miles on it. I did have a problem with the fuel pump and crankshaft sensor about a hundred thousand miles ago. It would start the second time every time for the longest while but eventually it worsened. I replaced a starter as a result Had a garage replace the fuel pump and it was better but got worse again. Finally took it to the dealer and got the crankshaft sensor replaced. I think it's been a great little car. All the interior buttons still work and the air is cold still after 8 1/2 years. If it dies tomorrow, I'd still think it's a great little car. The most reliable car I've ever had.

Doesn't start from first try

valentina miller, 10/07/2010

2006 Nissan special edition; have trouble with starting, especially in hot weather; does not start from first try. Should be recalled.

Great car for those with a low budget in mind.

Rob, 07/21/2015
1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Its a very cheaply made car in just about every category but it does its job well. Bought my 2006 Sentra with 120k miles on it and its about to cross over 200k miles very shortly and i've replaced nothing, everything is still original on it and going strong. My car does has the hard hot start that so many people are having but with almost 200k miles, nothing has failed and i've never been left stranded so i just live with it.

2006 sentra

suepoo1, 11/16/2011

we should all get togeather and swarm nissan and make them fix this fuel pump problem. to many having that problem

Still solid at 194k miles

kismet1113, 05/16/2014
1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the '06 S "Special Edition" model. I bought it used with around 30k miles and at 194k I've not had one mechanical issue. The single cd player in the car started eating cds and can't be used and the 6 disc Rockford Fosgate changer likes to eat them as well...so I don't use them. I think the entire Rockford system is junk and just a cheap version of their normal products. The backseat is not meant for adults at all, it is miserable for hauling adult passengers or anyone over about 5'4" tall. I used my Sentra to commute 3 hrs a day for work and it never let me sit and never broke down. Keep up with maintenance and it's a good car. *UPDATE I have passed 245,000 miles at this point and the only thing I have chosen to do is replace the rear wheel bearings and rusted exhaust parts. Mind you they didn't fail, but a service tech over torqued my lug nuts on the rear and stretched the threads so that the lug nuts, even when torqued, wouldn't stay tight. I decided if I was replacing all the studs I might as well replace the bearings too. I also installed all new exhaust from the CAT back, but that was to pass a state inspection, not b/c it had failed. My goal is to hit 300,000 miles on this car before I even consider replacing it.

12345...27