Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great car to begin with!
By Leonardo Martinez

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Well I bought this car when I was 16 years old and it had around 60,000mi on it, it caught my eye because it had a sporty look to it (SE-R trim) And at the price point it seemed very reasonable to me. I’ve put 35,000mi on it in the two years of ownership and It’s a great daily driver! The car runs like a champ (I maintained it myself) through proper oil changes and maintenance. Front Sits are okay for short drives max 2 hours before they become painful and start hurting your back. Rear sits are very tight but still livable. Interior is cheap and squeaky. Yet the Car Handles well in corners and has decent acceleration for what it is. Parts are cheap and it doesn’t take much to fix most things on your own. Would I buy the car again? Probably not, but I was a great car to begin with while building up or going through credit, income, career, school, or just buying your first car. If you need a cheap car that is reliable and cheap to maintain this car is for you.

Car Sucks
By ggeorgrhenry@yahoo.com

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new 2006 and has been trouble since the beginning. Sold it at 126000. Miles for 400.00 dollars. Spent over five thousand dollars in repairs. Very noisy in the highway and wind can blow it off ghetto road. Paint started peeling at 40,000 miles. Replaced gas pump, muffler two times, belts twice, air conditioner hardly worked. The only thing good was the radio and cassette player. I will never buy Nissan again.

Fun, But a Niche Car
By Richard S

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Overall, this has been a fun car to drive around town and to the beach in. Not recommended for long trips, as the seat comfort is lacking. This car was not purpose built to be a grand tourer. Handles like a go-kart, accelerates like a bullet with the 6-speed manual. Engine and road noise can be annoying. Bumps are a bit jarring due to sporty suspension and lo-pro wheels. Great around-town car.

Average $1200/year since new, dependable daily
By Tony

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought the 1.8S in January 2006, paid <$15000 altogether. Beside regular maintenance costs, only paid $260 for repair in almost 11 years. A little noisy at around 2700 RPM, where the torque is peaking, but could be just mine doing this, and I am used to it since 2006. ~$5000 cheaper than a Civic, how can one complain?

1.8special edition great on gas
By Mike

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car should have a higher mpg rating I get 34 around town and on the highway I get 40+ mpg so I love the fuel economy. I got the car in 2013 with 88,000 miles on it and have only put tires on it and your normal oil changes I run full synthetic oil. The only thing I've replaced were the fog lights and that was only because a rock broke the glass on one of them. It is easy to replace them I did it myself. This is a great little car my oldest son will get this car in two years when he starts driving then two years after that my youngest will use it also and I know this car will be going strong then just like it is now! I also love the 6CD changer and the subwoofer in the trunk! Today is March 30th and I'm adding to my original post here I'm now at almost 111,000 miles and I'm still getting mid to upper 30's for around town mpg and low 40's for highway mpgs most of the time more I'm still using full synthetic oil and I'm now using higher octane fuel which not only improves the mpg even more but it helps to clean the fuel system and the performance. The funny thing is I'm getting the mpg of a new sentra if not better and mine is 10 years old.