Used 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Pathfinder-well worth it.
By Melinda

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my pathfinder new in a summer month of 2014 with all of the bells and whistles! It is as good looking as an SUV can be, handles well, hauls a lot, has a lot of handy places to put "stuff"and has been as good of a luxury utility vehicle as I could have expected. My only complaints are the heated seats are air and not electric which is the case with all Nissans I believe...so that's not really even a compliant, just a spoiled driver...and I cannot see well when making turns-I have to lean so I can see around the, (I don't know what to call it, the structure that is attached to the windshield, the roof, the main car body, and the front windows...I'm going to call this the arms for now) arms. All in all, a good all around vehicle, especially while I have children to lug around to a million activities!

Look out for nissan
By Laura

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

People need to know that I bought this brand knew ,and from day one is smelled of antifreeze and was loosing it also ,in the 11 months I had it ,It was in the shop more than home ,and the dealership couldn't fix it ,so me and dealer called Nissan and made more than one claim of this problem . Nissan said that it was normal for some of the pathfnders to smell and use coolant ,But when it was in the shop ,I was given several different Nissan to drive and they all had same motor and no smell ,Nissan is junk please beware , they don't stand behind there stuff!!!! [contact information removed]

Two years, nice car
By Keith

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Replaced our 2013 Avalanche LTZ, this Pathfinder Platinum Premium had all of the premium features you can expect in a luxury ride. After owning this for two years we have had virtually no issues, aside from a programming issue with the auto tailgate. Only problem now is the resale value is lacking. $45k sticker, paid $41k out the door at two years the dealer offered us $29k trade in.

Don't Make a $36k Mistake!
By KC

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car in anticipation of a cross country road trip for my family last night - Atlanta to Los Angeles - in order to travel to see my father after he required emergency brain surgery. Platinum series, fully loaded, only 25k miles, but $35,000 worth of heartache. Roughly 120 miles into our trip, the car began shuttering at low speeds. When we stopped to refuel 400 miles into our trip, the transmission wouldn't engage when my husband put the car in "Drive." After repeated attempts he finally got the transmission to engage and we were able to "limp it" to the nearest Auto Nation dealer and sit and wait 4 hours for them to open. However, because it is Sunday, the service department is closed. The Atlanta location offered to reimburse me for either a modest (not comparable) rental or a hotel while we wait for an indefinite period of time for our vehicle to be looked at and a determination to be made from there - a kind gesture but hardly the consideration I'd expect given the circumstances and the capabilities of a multimillion dollar netting corporation. After an unexpected 9 hour delay in Memphis (with an 11, 6, 5 year old and 2 month old) we are now back on the road in a rental vehicle that I had to incur the upfront out of pocket cost for (with no idea of when/if a reimbursement will actually occur in addition to the $4k I have the dealership for a down payment). I will also have to modify my trip to be by my father's side in order to coordinate the issue of driving back to Memphis to retrieve my vehicle (which I no longer want) and return the rental vehicle during the company's business hours. All of this is a nightmare in addition to the nightmare that I am already dealing with. As a consumer (and previous Nissan owner) I just expected better. Polite but unhelpful (especially when Nissan is already clearly aware of the issue after reading endless consumer reviews which highlight a week established history of an issue requiring a recall or buyer warning) is not only immoral, but also shameful. My excitement of purchasing my Roadster this summer after so many years of pining for it has now gone out the window. I'll never buy another Nissan and I will caution anyone who will listen to me to avoid doing the same for as long as I have breath and the faculties to communicate. I'm both devastated and disheartened and at less than 24 hours into my purchase, the issue is likely only beginning...

CVT Transmission is JUNK 2 in less than 1 1/2 year
By hbron1@earthlink.net

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2015 PF in Nov 2014, Have various problems including needed new driver seat leather was bad. But the real trouble started at 15k about 9 months into my ownership of this brand new vehicle, started shuddering real bad needed new cvt. Than fast forward a few months and 5k and the cvt is doing the same thing shuddering so I am needing a new cvt again. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone Nissan has to fix this issue as I am sure that lots and lots of people are having these issue's.