Used 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

loved it!
By billp@wesleywillows.org

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid SL Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great vehicle. I think all SUVs have this problem - can't really clean the back window all the way to the top.

New car, nonplussed experience
By Ann-Marie

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Platinum Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this car one week ago. I had previously looked at the GM Lambda models- Acadia, Buick and Traverse- but the thing that swayed me toward a pathfinder is the significantly better gas mileage. I purchased this one because it had the leather heated seats, navigation, roof rack, etc. I liked that pathfinders drove very smoothly. However, since the test drive I have taken it about 100 miles and I hate the car. There is nothing really wrong with it per se. It isn't a lemon. But the things you don't notice during the test drive are making me crazy. full disclosure: I drove a standard Honda Fit for 10 years. This amount of technology is overwhelming. That being said, you cannot turn the car from "engine on" to accessory mode without shutting the engine off first. The dials aren't marked and every little thing is indicated by a tiny orange button. So it takes a lot of time away from driving to turn your heated seats to "off" or to figure out how to control the air. The climate control leaves much to be desired. I thought there were 2 USB ports in the back of the center console but there are none, which is frustrating. The worst is that when you've driven more than 20 minutes you start to really notice hard spots in the seat that press against your legs and feel very uncomfortable (right along the seam). The engine is sometimes very noisy, sometimes very quiet (I suppose this is the hybrid doing its thing?) the brakes don't feel as though they react quickly, as opposed to other cars I've driven. When I use the Bluetooth audio, the volume is very limited (and then I forget that tiny detail, turn to AM/FM and about blow out my eardrums). Cargo space isn't as big as it feels at first glance. The leather is beautiful but after driving it for a bit you realize how cheap the interior (like the glovebox) feel. It's pretty enough, it usually has a smooth ride and I figure I can be happy driving it around, but I really really hate it. Forget the gas mileage...for this price I wish I had gone with my gut and bought an Acadia or an Enclave and had the extra cargo space and a car that made sense.

New to me Hybrid Pathfinder.
By Peter Noordijk

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid SV Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just got it. 250 miles home on the highway at 31.5 mpg. Speeds between 45-75. Not much city driving yet. Short trips get poor mpg maybe because the engine isn't warm or the battery charged. My 15 mile commute averaged about 24.5 mpg city. Can't comment on reliability or maintenance yet. hopefully won't need to. I do love watching the speed climb while the rpms hover.

Stay away from CVT
By Ryan B

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid SL Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not buy a Nissan with a CVT transmission. It is garbage. My new Pathfinder left us stranded on the road and stalled in traffic multiple times before and after replacing the transmission. Yes, replacing the transmission. The transmission was replaced just a few months into my ownership. The vehicle was purchased new. Do not buy this garbage. There is no support from Nissan for what is an obvious epidemic with their CVT. Do some googles searches on it if you are considering buying and you will come to the same conclusion.

*** Updated review - 2.5 years later. The Pathfinder is still garbage. Stay away from Nissan's CVT. It preforms terribly and will leave you stranded. Nissan offers no support other than to fix the piece of garbage but it still performs terribly. I will never buy Nissan again.

Happy in ohio
By Scott

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Platinum Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)