Used 2016 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Big mistake
By Ryan

2016 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Poor gas mileage. Loud engine noise for a large v6, sounds more like a 4cyl boxer. I bought this vehicle new in september 16. Terrible resale value. Attempted to trade but would have been way upside down. Headlights are too dim, especially in rain. Only pro is the seat comfort

A Nifty Nissan
By mike murphy

2016 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

To start let me post this caveat: This is my 4th Murano SL AWD. I put over 20,000 miles a year in it and I generally trade it in at the 60K mark. In short, I love this SUV. I tried to change it up and looked at the BMW, Volvo, Lincoln, Acura and Lexus, each one more expensive, yet, none could compare. Roomiest back seat in the class. Great acceleration, even better reliability and for an SUV a smooth comfortable ride. On the negative side I find the headlights could be brighter and on my first Murano the lights had a 3 way position switch (low, medium, high) you could utilize. This was a great feature when driving on dark, winding back roads. It negated the need to use your high beams and the accompanying glare that high beams brings. They should bring this back. I also find the NAV system can be a bit unwieldy and the POI feature is a waste.

Disappointed
By Jack B.

2016 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has a droning noise at 1800. - 1900 RPM. I find it to be annoying. Nissan says it is an exhaust tuning issue that is normal. I drove a 2003 Murano SL for 165,000 miles and never had to listen to it drone at highway cruising speed. I am sorry I made this purchase. The only improvement over the 2003 is the back-up camera.

Noisy cabin
By Dave

2016 Nissan Murano SUV Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased 2016 Nissan Murano Platinum. The noise that comes from behind the dashboard is ridiculous. And there is no obvious cause. There are times I think it may be the dash itself, and other times it sounds like a cable wrapping around something. I can have the radio turned up to 10 notches on the screen, and the noise can overpower the sound from the speakers. My first "foreign" car purchase. What a disappointment.

Update: I have learned all the technology's the car has. The cameras work great, and are handy in the small garage. Noise is still there, but we ignore it.

Great Car-Bad Back up sensors
By Mike

2016 Nissan Murano SUV Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Two things I don't like are Nav screen gets sun glare and the back up sensors are quite and only beep once. Other that those 2 items the car is great and fun to drive. I believe the price is well worth it. We purchase the Platinum AWD with tech package.