Used 2015 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

An Infiniti without the badge markup!
By BT

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I never thought I would buy a car at the end of a lease, but not a single car I tested at Nissan and other dealer lots when approaching the end of my lease could hold a candle to my existing Murano Platinum (aside from the newer year of the same model/trim), so I did the unthinkable and bought it out at the end. What drove this crazy decision? Simple - the Platinum trim of the Murano beats any of the Infiniti SUVs I have driven, rented or ridden in for long-haul comfort, styling, intuitive infotainment, and value for money. I realized during lease-end car shopping that I simply enjoyed owning and driving it. I fell in love with the look of the vehicle when they first redesigned the Murano 3ish years back, and even now, just seeing the car in the parking lot, as Konmari would say, "sparks joy". (I'm disappointed with Nissan for not bringing the Rogue up to date with their newest design language, nor offering a Platinum trim for it, as sometimes I feel a slightly smaller vehicle with a similarly reduced price tag would suit my needs, but the Rogue still looks like it's 2008, not 2018, and still lacks the stealthy luxury of a Platinum trim.) Safety: The active safety systems have saved me from at least 6 different potential collisions, including one where I wound up being the front car of a 3-car sandwich. Not only did I avoid hitting the car in front of me, but while the middle car and rear car were completely totaled, there was zero frame damage to the rear of my car, despite having the entire rear smashed in from the impact, and no serious passenger injury. Performance: Much better pickup and handling than you would expect from a midsize crossover. It won't win any drag races, but I never feel like it lacks required power, and the relatively low center of gravity avoids any serious swaying in turns. Infotainment: There always seem to be drawbacks to any infotainment system, but this one is pretty good. I only have a couple complaints here. First, it will *almost* always forget where it was when playing an iPhone via USB, and default to playing all tracks in the iTunes library on the phone beginning with the first song name in alphabetical order. Even if you shut the car off for less than 5 minutes. You might want to change up your songs that start with "A" periodically to not get sick of that first song always playing. Second, the navigation system is hard to zoom, it takes 3 or more accurate presses on the screen, where the VW navigation system zooms the view level in and out by just turning the tuner knob. Not a huge deal, since I use Waze on my phone for navigation anyway, but when I just want a quick reference of what streets I am passing and coming up to soon, the view is always set to the wrong zoom level for it. Interior: Nicely designed, the seats are SUPER comfy for long trips, fairly low cabin noise at highway speed for a non-luxury brand. Cargo space is quite ample, and the motorized seat return function controlled from the rear tailgate area is very useful (just be aware that a 6 foot tall driver's seat position might cause the rear seat headrest to prevent the seat from smoothly dropping or being returned upright).

The Murano AWD-SL
By Kelley1949

2015 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

One Of The Best Nissan's We Have Purchased

Great car
By Gina

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Good features and design

Do not Buy!
By Dsmith

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My back rear window on my 2015 Nissan Murano just imploded on both sides. There were two holes in the back, the car was parked in the driveway and when I walked out the I thought that someone threw a rock, but there were two exact round holes on each side. Not much glass on the ground, the glass fell insided. Upon reading reviews I found that this happens to a lot of rogues and muranos and sometimes on the passenger side. I am thankful that I was not driving or that my son was not in the car. I contacted Nissan and of course got the run around, took it to the dealer and of course got the around. Had to end up paying for it out of my own pocket. After this I am selling it , this car is not safe for driving. I can not imagine driving and having one of the windows just implode. I am so sorry for those other owners that were driving when it happened. Nissans are poorly made, they have lost a customer for lie.

I am soooo glad I purchased this 2015 Murano
By Lionel

2015 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This crossover vehicle is excellent in gas mileage on the highway and ok when doing city driving. Overall i give it five stars .