Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Best car we’ve owned
By Tony

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car with 80,000 miles, it now has 190,000 miles and all I’ve replaced is shocks, struts, brakes, rotors, and tires. We just bought a 2014 and hope it serves as well as this car did!!

P0011 - Known Timing Chain Issue
By TakenTwice

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I swore to myself I would never buy another Nissan after the transmission issues I had with an '83 Pulsar. Fast forward to Dec. of 2016 when looking for a safe, low cost family vehicle and I ended up with a 2007 Nissan Maxima. I even purchased this from Infiniti dealership thinking I would have a road worthy vehicle. (even AS IS) Well, 15 minutes after picking up the car, the check engine light came on. After being completely rejected by the dealership, spending over $800 to date, it was determined this vehicle had a well documented defective timing chain issue that resulted in a class action filing back in 2013. (Kobe Falco v. Nissan North America Inc et al) The next step is to fork out a further $2500 to fix the chain on a 10 year old vehicle or take my losses. Nissan (nor Infiniti) will never have my business under any circumstances ever again.

Too many problems
By brian b

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Rusting floor boards. Abs actuator bad speed sensors . Timing chain issues. Tooo many to list. Will never buy nissan again. 1st and last they dont take responsibility for there faulty parts. Now i understand why i don't see that many maximas on the road.

Great car I enjoyed, real quality.
By Kelly K.

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great engine. Wonderful, powerful sound system. Very solid similar to Camry. Gas mileage is a concern....@17 MPG in city. I would buy again.

NEVER AGAIN NISSAN
By Cathy Bonner

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Maxima brand new. I have had more high dollar repair/replacements than anyone I know with any kind of car. I have replaced: the catalytic converter, power steering pump, power steering hoses, motor mounts and the battery at least every two years to name a few off the top of my head. Oh, wait, both the passenger and driver's side sun visors gave out and the passenger side power side view mirror. Oh, and the hydraulic things that keep the trunk from slamming down. I have service done at the local dealer (Casa), so I assume I am either getting the service needed or I'm getting hosed. Either way, I will never own another Nissan.