Used 2016 Nissan LEAF Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan LEAF Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LEAF model:

Battery Life is TERRIBLE - Don't buy this vehicle
By Georgiana Maly

2016 Nissan LEAF SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

You should know that my Nissan Leaf was supposed to get on a 100% charge, a mileage range of 112. It's 2 years old and starting after owning the car for a year and a half (18 months), the battery started degrading rapidly. On a full charge, mileage range was approximately 85 miles and now February 1, 2018, driving it for 2 years, on a full charge, mileage range is approximately 70 on a good day. I NEVER can use my radio, heater or a/c because the mileage range will drop to 55 on a full charge. I have the 220 outlet for the charger at home. It gets a full charge within about 3 hours. If you use the 110, it will take up to 12 hours or more for a full charge. I am so disappointed in the mileage. Other than that, I like the car; however, battery life sucks!

Don't buy this car - battery degradation pitiful
By Richard Perata

2016 Nissan LEAF SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I bought a 2016 Leaf with extended range of 108 miles after owning a 2013 leaf for 2.5 years with no noticeable battery degradation. My 2016 leaf now has lost 31% of it's original battery capacity after 19 months and 7000 miles. A full charge now indicates 74 miles, however the last time I drove this car I traveled 44 miles round trip and was left with 12 miles capacity when I returned home. Ask yourself if this suits your needs before buying this car. Nissan says that battery degradation is normal. According to Nissan my car charges 9 out of 12 bars on their charging scale and they won't replace the battery until it is at 8 out of 12. I'm stuck with a car with 69% of it's stated range after 19 months and low mileage. Will this car work for you? I can only drive 22 miles from my home if I want to make it back home - pathetic rip off - car is essentially a huge brick with a monthly payment

Best car to own for commuting
By Kurt

2016 Nissan LEAF S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This car is great. I like having the filling station at home in my garage. I save money on fuel and maintenance. I like the quiet ride especially when driving through the neighborhood with the windows down on a nice day. My first reaction to the styling was not good but it grows on you and now I love it. The only thing I don't like is that my wife keeps driving off in it leaving me stuck filling her Prius with gas. There are some great deals on these out there right now.

2013 SL Leaf
By JC

2016 Nissan LEAF SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Excellent car

Nissan Leaf Issue - Winter
By Steve Clubb

2016 Nissan LEAF S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

In the winter > 20 degrees I am lucky to get 50 miles on a charge. Additionally, the heating is not effective. Heated seats work fine but the feet and leg area is cold and does not warm up. My feet stay frozen. Seats are not comfortable when commuting @ 24 miles.