2020 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$27,900

Save as much as $3,057
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great for the price!

AJ, 01/29/2021
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

Does it have all the fancy new technology? No. But if you don’t need all of that, or if you’re worried that all of that stuff is likely to be expensive if it fails, this is a great option! The new 3.8 liter V6 has plenty of power and the 9-speed automatic is buttery smooth. I disagree with the Edmunds review, I think it’s very easy to drive on pavement. Of course it doesn’t have a small turning radius, but I live in the Atlanta area, and I don’t have issues driving this little truck in a big city. The interior is surprisingly quiet and comfortable. Through all of the years of this interior, I think they’ve perfected the design. There are no creaks, rattles, or poor fit. The materials on the dash are hard plastic, but the PRO-4X has plenty of leather that is soft on the seats and door panels. And as far as technology goes, it’s like the old Xterra saying “everything you need, nothing you don’t”. You’ll have one USB port, an aux jack, navigation system (PRO-4X trims), a great Rockford Fosgate sound system (PRO-4X only again), power seats, heated seats, dual zone automatic climate control, and a sunroof (PRO-4X only again). I would’ve loved it if it had adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning, lane keep assist, and other modern driving aids, but I’m assuming I would be paying a lot more too! I don’t think any of the features this truck has are likely to break. My gas mileage hasn’t been great, I’ve been averaging 17mpg in mixed driving. I’m still breaking the truck in, so I am anticipating that to change. But the best part of this truck is the price. The MSRP for my fully loaded PRO-4X trim is over $39k, but I got mine at a tick over $34k. Dealers are discounting these because a redesign is on its way, and they know it doesn’t compete well with other trucks in the segment when it comes to features. But if you’re like me and you’re happy with the options this does have, you can get this at a bargain. Plus, at the time I bought it, this was the only mid-size truck being sold with 0% interest financing. I think it’s worth a test-drive for buyers of mid-size trucks. I’m very happy with my Arctic Blue PRO-4X so far!

Reasonably priced basic truck

New Owner, 02/04/2021
S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

I've only had mine for a few days, but if you bargain you can get one for much less than a Ranger, Colorado or Tacoma and, at the end of the day, it does what a truck is supposed to do; haul stuff around that won't fit inside a cabin. The motor has as much power as you will find in this segment, it drives and rides fine, you just don't get much in the way of advanced electronics or creature comforts. It's not in the drop downs, but I have the S Crew Cab with a 6 ft bed.

Top of the Line.

Johnny , 03/02/2021
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

I’m very grateful and happy with my new 2020 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x in the Color Blue. The truck it’s a beautiful truck over all. it’s a beautiful truck it runs smoothly, all the gears change pretty nice and smooth. It makes very little noise, you can’t even feel like you’re driving on the freeway. It drive beautiful, it just a enjoyable ride. I love the interior it’s easy to clean up. The track System on the bed is amazing for my furniture store.

Ad
Build Your Frontier®
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 2 Trims

2020 Frontier SV Midnight 4x2

Mac, 04/06/2021
SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

Everything is perfect but the seats are pitiful they have no lateral support and they are only 2 way unless you get PRO-4X. So if comfort is important then get the upscale model. I have a 2003 frontier and those seats do not hurt my back. It’s like they want to upsell people to get a Titan. It’s a shame in my opinion. Not worth $28,000. I am 6’0” and 165 pounds with slightly longer than average torso. This truck seriously lacks in comfort and I am trading it for a luxury sedan and will just use my old truck when I need a truck.

Rotting lemon

Richard , 06/16/2021
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (3.8L 6cyl 9A)

I own a small business and chose the Nissan frontier because it’s the only small pick up truck left on the market when I purchased it. I have 500 miles approximately on the vehicle. The first day I was driving it the transmission locked up and the truck died while I was moving. Pretty scary. They had it at the dealership for about a week and said it needed an update on the computer? In any case I was a little nervous to drive it again but we did. It broke down again in a few days. This time when we put our finger on the push button start, The accessory lights on the dashboard went on and the fan in the engine went on the truck wouldn’t start. Also we couldn’t turn it off. We tried using the key fob as we were told by Nissan and that didn’t work. As I’m writing this it’s been at the dealership for one week so far and they don’t know what’s wrong with it. They initially said it was the alternator. I know nothing about cars and I told them I doubt it’s the alternator. They put a brand new alternator in and that didn’t work. They’re waiting for Nissan to get back to them. I purchase this $33,000 truck right before my business is busy season so I wouldn’t have to worry about the vehicle breaking down. Something tells me this vehicle is going to be a lemon and cause issues ongoing. Unfortunately the lemon law doesn’t Cover businesses. I live in Connecticut and purchased a vehicle in Massachusetts