Used 1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Frontier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Nice quality truck

Hooker, 03/18/2006
XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck 5 years ago with 31,000 miles. I now have over 200,000 miles as I commute 200 a day to work and home. No major work preformed except for tires, oil changes, brakes and clutch (at 180,000 mile). Truck is comfortable for my daily trips. I average 30 miles per gallon on the highway with a standard tranny. Dependable truck!!

Good vehicle

Ken, 10/28/2008
SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my truck new in 1999. I only have about 65,000 miles on it. I have not had a single problem with it in all these years. The air conditioner is just as cold today as it was the day I drove it off the lot. The car has not been back to the dealership since I bought it. I do change the oil/filter about every 5,000 miles. It still runs like a sewing machine. Gas mileage is about 19 in town and 24 on the highway (65 mph). Did have to replace factory radio.

Takes a licking, keeps on ticking!

brownmanintexas, 01/30/2004
XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Truck purchased new in 2-99; traded in a buzzy bouncy crappy '98 regular cab Toyota Tacoma. What an upgrade! I love this truck. It has the 4 cylinder engine; as such acceleration is not comparable to gas guzzling V8's. BUT, go west of Kerr County where a 75 MPH speed limit is common. 85MPH in 5th with 24 MPG is no problem with this high revving 16 valve engine. Engine is exceptionally smooth and quiet at speed. Throw away the OEM Firestones and OEM shocks. Buy 4 Bridgestone AT Revos tires and Gabriel Max-Control shocks. Then, enjoy this inexpensive and extraordinary tough little truck. I do.

Best truck you will evr find

shill83, 01/16/2006
XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

There is no better truck in the world. This truck is running just as good as the day i bought it and shows no sign of wear. during the worst ice storm my area has ever seen last year the truck ran over every tree that blocked my way. after some drunk guy smashed into the side of it and hit the rear wheel dead on going 50mph the truck started right up and took me home. when i took it to be repaired, we found out the leaf springs had blown apart....and it still took me home. i love this truck and when this truck finally dies, if it ever does, i will buy another.

My Datsun frontier King cab

Monster Man, 04/26/2015
XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 1999 Datsun frontier King cab Iim putting a 3" body lift with 32" /11.50 /15 I love this truck because I could do anything to it . If any one wants to get a truck and put it together any frontier 2000 and under will Do .