Used 2011 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best Altima I’ve owned!
By ReRe Miller

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is more comfortable than the new VW Passat. Seats are comfortable. Even without power seats, I can easily adjust the seat. There are no blind spots, either. The privacy glass is wonderful! Without the tint the car gets quite hot in the summer, which must be due to the large windshield. Gas mileage is good for an older car (2011 model; it’s 2018) I average 24-26 MPH. The steering is responsive and easy. The car still shifts like it is new. I do use the manual mode, as well. It works with no problems at all. After considering s new car purchase, I decided not to buy a new car. Any technology it may lack is made up for with easy to use, inexpensive after-market parts. I use a Bluetooth adapter in my radio. Simply put, with 134,000 miles, this car is the most reliable I have owned.

Great Reliable Vehicle for Responsible Student
By Mary Reid

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This has been a great car. Travel is easy and comfortable. She will fly when speed is necessary. Regular maintenance is pretty much all that has been necessary. Gas mileage is better than most vehicles. 35 - 37 mpg on road (depends on your driving habits).

Performance and value at a reasonable price
By Leon Young

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This V-6 sedan delivers very good acceleration, the ride is solid but quiet and provides a feeling of good control. Other than a failure of the computer system shortly after purchase, the car has performed flawlessly for over 6 years. Interior is adequate but for the price one can't expect too much. In short, a car that combines value with very good performance.

Bought new, worth nothing now. It's all good
By AltimaGuy

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I NEVER planned to keep this car longer than 18-24 months. Anyone remember how the economy was 2011, 2010, 2009? I do, VERY WELL. Nevertheless, I did buy a Mercedes after this (just as a reference) and yet despite my wish for an SUV and going through a few motorcycles since, I still kept my Altima. It's retail value was always so low. That's horrible as an owner, excellent for a buyer. I have not had any problem at all since I bought it. I'm at 123,000 mile on this car. When I first bought the car, I had to replace a cable that connects to the battery but at that time, I always took it to the dealer for their $20 oil changes. I blame them for not seeing the corrosion on the terminal before it got to be that bad that it needed to be replaced. I made them pay for it from what I remember (labor, I paid a few bucks for the cable as an agreement). I've never had any trouble with the CVT transmission, and I actually LOVE it. If it were to go bad, it would have went bad under warranty. And I'll be honest, I've never had it serviced...same damn fluids since 2011. This car has really made me think twice about Nissan, what I used to think of as the cheapy version of Toyota. Today, I think of Nissan as the higher tech (interior and engine) of the two. BTW, the gas mileage is AMAZING on this thing, especially if you go slow, but even if you speed.

Middle of the Road, Not Without It's Problems
By Steven

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Acceleration, braking, handling, steering are all about average, not a fan of the 4 cylinder and the CVT is too noisy. Fuel economy is OK. Car feels plastic-like inside and out, though quality of materials and interior design is not bad. Front seats are comfortable, rear seats are OK. Car could be wider inside. For a modern car it has little features (no bluetooth!). Have had transmission and engine issues, as well as issues with the tire pressure sensors. CVTs are not cheap to replace! Would not buy again, but it's a fine middle of the road car for most people, just doesn't fit my needs as much as other cars/trucks. I drive my other vehicles usually and leave this one as a third car.