Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Rusty 2008 Altima
By captsquid

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Rust is an issue on Altimas newer than 2006. I was just informed that there is a "football sized hole in my floorboard" on 9/30/16, drivers side. Passenger side was not checked. I was told this is a common issue, but thought to affect 2002-2006 models. Wrong!!! I am shocked to hear this as I fully expected to drive this car for ten years. Remember Toyota buying back Tacoma trucks because of rust issues? This was a company protecting the reputation of it's products and serving the customers who bought them. Nisssan will not recall these affected vehicles even though the problem is acknowledged to exist. Never buying another Nissan.

Great performance but terrible comfort
By Chris

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5s has a great engine and transmission compared to the Hondas, Hyundais and even Chevrolets that I have owned. Nissan really has it down when it comes to their drive trains but I have never had front seats on any vehicle that I have ever owned, including my 1956 Chevrolet pickup, that were as uncomfortable as my Altima seats are. After less than one hour of driving my rear end is more sore than it would be if I was riding my mountain bike. The seats look good but they are so stiff and lack any kind of suspension what-so-ever. I haven't tried fixing it yet but I think that I am going to try changing the foam cushioning in the seat bottom and see how it affects my bottom. The window controls on the driver's side are also poorly positioned. They are so far back on the door that I can't reach them without contorting my left arm to a crazy vertical position. I've found it easier to reach across my body with my right arm to hit the switches. The controls were ergonomically positioned for someone with very short arms. Besides the uncomfortable front seats and the placement of the window controls I really like the car. I get about 28 mpg around town and 37 mpg on the highway, it has great brakes and handles good for a midsize sedan. I would recommend the purchase of an Altima except for the granite front seats and the position of the window controls.

Never Again
By Aaron

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have never had a vehicle that has had as many issues as my Altima. In the last year I've had an exhaust manifold crack, suspension issues, cracked axle, seized brake caliper, rusted exhaust covers, window switch go bad, key fob fail, cracked windshield, and intermittent starting issues that several mechanics have failed to figure out what the problem is. This car is a money pit. All of my american made cars were much older with higher mileage and I never had nearly as many issues with those cars.

stay away
By Mart

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

-Both head gaskets needed to be replaced at 62K
-Metallic sound upon acceleration at 88K
-New Basal vibration/sound when accelerating and decelerating

Though Nissan would be trouble free...Cannot believe the low quality of this vehicle. Never Nissan again...

happy to shutt my sister
By Ramirez

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

got my nissan 3 years a go same time my sis'.(lincoln) happy with the little car no major repairs amaze how much after market parts to upgrade the car are available my sis' was =( after lots repair on the first year of her luxury car,even for a 4 cylinder car is enough for city and travel (arkansas to florida) not much tech. for the year but my phone does everything this days well done paying the car thinking trading for a xterra so review please the quality before you buying just b'cse is v8 and has airshocks doesnt meant is better .. thanks