Used 2004 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

It just keeps going.
By Robert Chernr

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has only averaged the normal maintenance of a car with this much mileage. It has been a joy to own, with very few faults!

Best (but only) car I've ever had
By taylor

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2004 Nissan over 10 years ago and it was extremely reliable. I only had to take it in to do oil changes and I was in disbelief that I could have it so long and not have problems with it. I only had to take it to the mechanic to check out my starter and I had one other tiny problem with it. I don't have it anymore because I accidentally totaled it when I hydroplaned in the rain a couple days ago but I am in shock that I walked out of that crash unharmed...that car was very safe. It was an excellent first car. RIP Bullet.... you will be missed xD I racked up 180,000 miles on it and it drove so well...I'm convinced it could've lasted me even longer if it wasn't for that unfortunate situation!

Great car
By Erik

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2nd car I ever owned. Have had only one alternator replacement, valve head gasket replacement and some sensors as major repairs. Other than that, the car has been super good. I have spent a total of about $7000 for all repairs AND maintenance, including tires in 11 years of ownership. I have put over 200K miles on it and it has NEVER left me stranded. 70K of those miles were in NYC and those roads and the stop and go destroys the car. However, the car is still going strong. Of course, I have done most of the repairs and maintenance myself. So I have same a VERY large amount in labor.

Ok First Car
By Kimberly

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and I fell In love with it right away. I bought it from a buy here pay here 100k on the dot an had it for two yrs. The first yr of owning it It was a great car no problems. I loved the speed of the car an the way it drives real smooth. When I first bought it the sunroof quit working properly but it was an after market an was put in from a previous owner I never bothered with it after I just didn't touch it. But my second year of owning the car I started having problems first thing was my head lights went out an only way to change them is getting either a detailer or Nissan to get inside an change it which would of cost some money but luckily my father in law changed it an all I had to pay for was the bulb itself. Next the alternator went out and I decided to put a used one in by my grandfather. I had to replace the battery TWICE and my gpa couldn't figure out why it constantly needed a new battery. Then two sensors went out and cost me a little.. Then shortly after that my radiator had busted while I was driving and after 100$ of replacing that we figured out the head gasket blew. I was officially over the car an sold it 2015. Overall maintenance wise I won't even lie with this being my first car I didn't keep up with oil changes to good not sure if that had anything to play with anything that came from but this car is a much older car look for something at least 06 or 07 an up with less than 100000 miles. I won't talk bad about Nissan and I still love Altimas but maintaince is a big key to a great car the way you treat your car is how great it will be I believe. But I have read similarities on here so wouldn't recommend the year of this car

Great first starter car!
By Hailey Adamson

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car when I turned 16 and I have had this car for 6 years now. I got it will 100,000 miles on it and I'm up to 168,000 miles on it and it has run so smooth! I only bring it into the dealership to get routine checkups and once I had to take it in because my engine was rattling which was due to a loose part, which I guess is a frequent problem with this car. It was a 200 dollar repair and thats the only issue I've had on it!