Skip to main content

5 out of 5 stars

My 2003 Nissan Altima

dgzlz, 01/16/2013
2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just felt the need to give special props to my 2003 Nissan Altima that is not at (372 THOUSAND MILES) yes I had to spell it out so no one would think it was a typo. She needs a new catalytic converter, but other than that she is still the greatest money maker I have every had. I drive 172 miles a day, 5 days a week. I have tried reading online to see if anyone else was running with this many miles, but it saddens me to see some have not been as lucky. A mechanic not long ago told me mine car must have came off the line on a Wednesday. I tried looking that up with no sucess.

3.75 out of 5 stars

2003 Nissan Altima

Igho Resedenz, 04/04/2015
2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2013 with 137,000 on it. It gave me a hell of time. But that was because i didnt know much about the car. I rectified those issues: changed cam/crank shaft sensors, changed 02 sensors, changed alternator and that's all. The car is 2 years with me now with no issues. I drive 15 - 20 km everyday to work. I have traveled 10 hrs strecth 3 times with no issues. I do a regular maintenance. The car is roomy and presentable. I will recommend it for anyone who knows how to maintain cars.

1.75 out of 5 stars

2003 2.5 4 cylinder Altima

bclark_1, 03/25/2011
2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I feel I got scammed. The engine used oil from the day I bought it, with only 33,000 miles. The massive oil consumption only got worse. I took it to the garage and was told the catylatic converter had fell apart and went into the engine causing it to destroy the engine. I was informed this is a common problem with this vehicle, due to the recall on the sensor that causes this to happen. Obviously this is a factory defect. I contacted Nissan to make them aware of my problem and received no reply. Be aware of this problem.

ad labelAd
Estimate your monthly payment
Use the Nissan payment calculator to estimate monthly payment on your Nissan Altima®
  • 6 Trims

4 out of 5 stars

Mechanical mess

vtagirl, 02/14/2010
2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car looks very nice, but is a mechanical nightmare. Every sensor on this car starting going bad at 50k and catalytic conv at 80k. Nissan said cat ruined engine and needs a new engine (bad placement of cat). Lots of other people with same problem...would not recommend this car. Also own a Infiniti G35...no problems..think the problem is with set up of the Altima. If your under 80k Nissan will only fit cat, not your engine :(...They know about the problems but don't care.

1.88 out of 5 stars

Nissan hate is easy!

Nissan hate is easy, 07/24/2010
2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drove my Nissan to 50k it stopped running. Took it to dealer, fixed under recall then the real problems. But the damage had already happened! Started to over heat, burning oil. Burned up my catalytic converter, cylinder failed! Need a new engine! It has a lot of recalls on it! I'm going to drive on 3 cylinders to have them done! Don't buy a Nissan! Ever!