Skip to main content

Used Altima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

It has 200,000km and lady-driven (which also means lady-maintained...lol).

avroarrow, 04/23/2011
2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a family member for $1000 so the price was right but it did need a lot of TLC. Things that I've replaced so far: CAT at manifold, knock sensor, MAF sensor, 02 sensor, rad, complete rear brakes. Other problems: Leaking A/C system (hopefully I've fixed that) wiring defect in the spoiler light (I'll fix that soon). The oil filter is impossible to change without putting the car on a hoist, over a pit or on jack stands/ramps. The PCV valve is hidden under the intake manifold and will require hours to change. The shifter light also needs replacing. If I wasn't a DIYer, I'd be broke, but I am a DIYer and now that I've done these repairs, it will go another 200,000km for sure.

Over 385,000 miles and still going strong

ahunt, 10/10/2018
updated 10/19/2020
2000 Nissan Altima XE 4dr Sedan

I love my Altima, even with 386,000 miles it is still reliable, it has never broken down on me! I bought it used with 80,000 miles, I plan to get to 400,000 miles!

4 out of 5 stars
4.38 out of 5 stars

JCH, 06/08/2009
2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

it has been enjoyable. The only items that have been replaced on this vehicle in the nearly 9 years of ownership, are normally replaceable items. It has been a very solid performer. I have no regrets.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Best car I've ever owned

michelle, 02/24/2009
2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought the 2000 Nissan Altima GXE in 2004, when it had about 60k miles. It now has 119K, and has been, without a doubt, the most reliable, trouble-free car I've ever owned. And I've owned about 20. I just had to do a distributor last week, but that was the first real repair I've had. Oh, and for some reason, I end up doing motor mounts every other year, but I like a very quiet, vibration free car, so it might just be me. The Nissan mechanic said the '99 and '00 model years of this car were the absolute best. I agree. In fact, I'm thinking about moving up to a 2005, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the 2000 has been to me. If you can't afford headaches, buy this car.

4.88 out of 5 stars