2020 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews

$24,895

Save as much as $4,256
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

I love my Outlander SE

Kurt, 09/23/2020
SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love my Outlander SE. The interior is elegant and classy, The seats are supportive and comfortable. The infotainment system works better than the one in my Chevy did. The professional reviews complain about the 2.4, but I find it to be reasonably peppy and quiet. So far I'm already getting low 30s mpg, but I expect thag to improve as the engine wears-in. Coming from a Volt, I love the CVT. I went with the SE to get blind spot detection. It comes with a 10 year 100k warranty, and I upgraded it even further for about 2k. You can find some great deals on them.

Awesome! My second Outlander!

Laurissa, 11/12/2020
SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE this car!!! I get really disappointed when it is not rated as highly as it should be! Mistubishi has added features that were missing- really listened to their customers. I owned a 2017 and decided to spoil myself with a 2020- it is loaded with safety features- I can tow our boat now as the one I picked had a tow package- the horse power they say is not good- this is so not true! It is a zippy little SUV and has sport mode- I got the premium package on the SEL- now down in NC, I do not need the all wheel drive - I have the heated steering wheel now and they put vents and USB plugs in the back which it really needed- this car is AWESOME!! great on gas too ... and so comfortable as we make long trips up to CT... and yes, the 3rd row is a bit cramped but we used it the other night and it is fine for the littles... It does not bother me as we do not use it a lot anyway. This is my second one and look forward to continuing to be a Mistubishi driver! My husband loves it too and I have to reign him on taking my car to work every day!! Everything you need for a great price!!!

Call me Deacon Blues

Heidi Schumacher, 10/18/2020
SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We've owned a Galant (2001) and an Outlander SEL (2016), which we've passed down to daughters. We loved both, and when we needed a new SUV, we shopped extensively, not wanting to be boring. But the Outlander SEL once again won out. The value/price ratio is just unbeatable. Leather seats, third row seating (small, but there), great sound). We did buy blue rather than black.

Ad
Build Your Outlander
At a Glance:
  • 5 Trims
  • $25,795starting MSRP

Best value wagon

Tito, 03/26/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was in market for used wagon or cross, went to a big rental car sale office and test drive CX5 touring, Compass trailhawk, RAV4 XE, and outlander, all with mid 20 to low 30k miles. Since it was a rental place they had one trim level for each model. Long story short I came home with outlander SEL AWD. It was cheapest and most feature packed. CX5 came close but trunk space was not as big, otherwise CX5 might have won (a lot nicer sporty cross) Here’s what I think of this former rental wagon after driving 2k miles: It’s a decent wagon, lots of safety features are standard and simply works (not as many false alarm as my wife’s 2019 CRV) It has ample power to get up on highway and cruise at 85mph - don’t listen to “expert” who thinks cross needs clock 0-60 under 7sec. Handling is okay, definitely solid on high speed but at low speed steering feel loose. Shock absorption is adequate. Lean on corner is noticeable but yaw control is superb in AWD mode in wet condition, it’s actually a joy. Seat high enough and nothing to obstruct view. I get about 27mpg on highway commute, that’s decent for AWD. Engine room has good elbow room I was shocked considering this is very narrow wagon. Infotainment simply works - nothing complicated very straight forward big diagram and link up with my apple car play no hassle. Again, for a Japanese brand this is refreshing (take a note Subaru!) ....and this is Made in Japan. Other than luxury brand like Lexus, most “Japanese” cross on the street are made in USA. Cons - this is not a third row suv, don’t buy this for that purpose. Design is so old school you wonder this is some Eastern European car from Cold War era. Leather seat feel cheap and not sure why carbon ish panels. No spare tire. Dealer is limited and parts tend to be more expensive. I would not buy this wagon brand new, there are better cross out there that’s competitively priced. But for a used well maintained cross or wagon, Mitsu is worth a look.

Outlander Surpasses All Expectationd

Rob LeJeune, 04/16/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Rescently purchased a 2020 Outlander SE L...in stunning Granite Brown Metallic. I have a 2019 Porsche Cayenne as well. I've always purchased luxury cars. The Outlander should be classified as a Luxury Vechile. The best warranty in the business along with quality high-end finishes inside and out make it an SUV that I'm proud to park next to my Porsche. Critics have been way off in their low scores of what I believe is a Great Automobile! Happy with my choice.