Used 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

What are people thinking?
By gladitsgone

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The only rationale I can come up with for people giving good reviews on this car is the sheer embarrassment that they bought it. I know that's how I felt. I should have listened to the consumer report review that said the only thing that works well in the car is the AC. The engine was powerful enough to pull a lawnmower and the sluggishness made this car unsafe to drive on the highway. The third row seat is pretty much a scam as nobody can fit back there. I would feel I was endangering children back there as well. Oh, and the fuel economy in my experience is also BS. I never got beyond 27mpg and that was five hours on the highway. Around town it is no better than a highlander or pilot. The sacrifices are too many not to step up to a real vehicle.....unless you're broke and don't mind driving something this ugly.

Best Car I've ever bought! Still...after 3 yrs
By Tammy

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love my OUTLANDER! It's comfortable to ride and drive. It hasn't got the 'most' power but has all I need. The 10/100,000 mile warranty was more than I expected but haven't had to use it. It's only needed routine maintenance in 2 years, oil changes, tire rotations, that's it! Mine also has a no-rust warranty which is almost unheard of and a great perk for any vehicle being drive in Maine. Super reliable. The back seats are all that comfortable but they're not used much anyway. No kids. Mileage is average. The ground clearance is actually what attracted me to this vehicle. It's more than my previous SUV that kept getting stuck in my driveway when there was a significant snow fall. I haven't gotten stuck with my Outlander. Heated seats....just awesome! There are so many perks to this car, they far outweigh any possible negatives, not that I can think of any. Truly the best car I've ever had in my 30 years of driving!

Not happy
By dave handsbury

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The only problem is the the AC .The first year it worked fine . The second year we had it ,it went out . they did fix after they told use they didn't have to .Third year out again they wanted us to pay them over a 100 dollars to find the problem .I told them i don't think so we shouldn't have a car for 3 summers and have the AC two of the three summer .and for the most part they told me i was SOL. My reply back thats BS.

Fun Car!
By Cindy Villarreal

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Great car with wonderful styling, quick acceleration when needed, ECO for increased mileage, just fun to drive! Sleek, modern styling with a great engine and history of low maintenance.

1.5 years and 28k miles
By Fazzster

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Being an auto enthusiast and having owned an embarrassingly large number of cars, I knew enough to ignore the so called journalist reviews and check this vehicle out for myself. I like the fact this Mitsu is 100% made and assembled in Japan. The build quality is excellent as a result. There is really no other vehicle for the price that offers a 3rd row and come with all the goodies. A Highlander will cost you nearly $10k more and Rogue only comes in 1 trim if you want the 3rd row. With $5k in Mitsu incentives plus a large dealer discount, this vehicle can be had for very cheap. Plus you get a 100k mile warranty. This is where "you get what you pay for" comes in. The engine design is over a decade old so if you care about the latest and greatest, you may not be satisfied. It operates very smooth and efficient in normal driving but when you tap into the power the noise can be obtrusive and is not helped by the nature of the CVT. But to its credit, it still remains relatively smooth under load and delivers excellent MPG. The suspension is a little harsh (which was addressed in the 2016+ models) when handling choppy pavement but otherwise it smooth and quiet on good roads. The AWD system is brilliant and the snow setting is excellent. I run dedicated snows in the winter and the grip and control is very impressive. Interior; the materials are very good and are on par with the class and wear well even with 3 kids. My wife and I are short at 5'3" and find the seats comfortable with decent adjustability. Our Outlander has been reliable at 28k miles so far with no repairs to report. In short, most people would be pleased with the Outlander. However considering its poor resale value, crappy dealer network, and the competition that keeps getting better, the Outlander is a value proposition only vehicle. Meaning, if you can't get it for at least $8k off MSRP then you maybe better off with something else. You are still getting stellar Japanese reliability/quality and a vehicle loaded with features that will serve you well for miles to come while leaving cash in your wallet.