Used 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

You get more than what you paid for
By Mike V.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had the base model with the full upgrade package with the Fosgate Stereo and the 7-seater. Some may look at this as an average vehicle but personally I used to hate buying a car and all the accessories fall apart and the handles falling off the doors and the stereo systems not being very well and seats covers cracking. I have to say the Mitsubishi uses the best parts for the interior of the car because none of them ever fall off or fall apart and the seat covers look like new when we handle the car back in. The Fosgate stereo system with the bass booster was just awesome and it really didn't cost that much more to get the extra accessories when you actually see what you get. All-wheel drive would have been wonderful but the car handle pretty well in bad weather. The one thing that I agree with is the two seats in the back we're kind of useless facing forward. They should have had it designed so that the seats would be facing looking backwards so that you had good leg room. I just took out one of the seats and made extra storage cargo. It was fine for my needs and my family. Overall, this is the really the best bang for your buck at a great quality level. The tires that the car came with lasted 50,000 miles easy. The four cylinder engine also seem to hold up very well. We put about a hundred thousand miles on the car and never once had a major repair except one recall on the emergency brake cable. No cost to us. I love the Outlander series. As we speak I'm shopping for another one now.

Love my Mutsubishi
By Virginia

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I really looove this SUV. It has so much space inside and in the cargo area. Is fuel efficient. Also is fun and easy to drive. I leased it for 5 years and I havent had an issue with it.

Thought it would be forever, nope, 4 years.
By Laurel

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased brand new. Right after hitting 35k miles (about 2.5 years in), backup camera goes out. Talk to service at dealer, if it was just a fuse, it would still be covered. I'd have to pay an $89 diagnostic fee (wasn't a top priority as the backup sensors still worked). After hitting 40/45k miles, my radio speakers just cut out completely on a road trip. Next day they worked. Next week, the Bluetooth kept randomly going into call mode, it wasn't calling anyone, I wasn't calling anyone. I restarted the car several times at stop lights, same situation happened. Decided to take it to service for diagnostics. Whomp, whomp, it was the ENTIRE RADIO SYSTEM. It would cost about $1200 with labor to replace the radio (& that's without NAV). Figured I'd deal with it until it truly went kaput. Hit 55k miles & the compressor for A/C started making Darth Vader noises & A/C went out on, of course, a hot day, plus, I had a guest riding with me all day to my accounts for work (A/C warranty, amongst most others, runs out at 60k). I made an appointment ASAP! Compressor was leaking so I got a new one that day (they had them on hand as they said they have been having issues with them). I have been juggling with the idea of trading in before it depreciates in value even more from me packing miles on it for work (avg. 5k every 2 months) or buying an extended warranty for around $1,500 which would allow me to get a new radio (hopefully the Bluetooth would be smoother on that one) & I would have a backup camera again after a year without. 1st owner, would hit 4 years in May of 2018 if I keep it that long. I'm worried I'll be 2 hours away from home & the Keyless Push to Start won't work next. Great PRO is that Mitsubishi is the only company with a 100k mile Powertrain Warranty. Also, I get amazing gas mileage for a 3rd row SUV. That's where I struggle with my decision.

A/C Compressor Damaged after 3 years
By Oscar Wells

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My Outlander just got 62,000 miles in 3 years and the A/C got broken. I took the car to the dealership and the repair cost is $1,000.00. I am truly disappointed with Mitsubishi brand since how come a 3 years old car had this issue? I was servicing the car at the dealership every time taking care of all recommended maintenance. This was my third Mitsubishi and probably the last one after switching from Honda and Toyota, probably I will go now to KIA or another brand.

Outlander ES Base 4 cyl
By Trace

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is an awesome vehicle for the the money. Let me see I could have bought a Nissan Versa Note or a 7 passenger Outlander. Our has been great with the exception of being rear-ended six weeks into ownership. The OEM tires are junk, but the value provided by this vehicle is extraordinary. We paid $19,300 BRAND NEW including TAX and fees in FL. We can haul 7 people when necessary, and average 28MPG @70mph on trips. I have seen as high as 31MPG in town.

Update: Vehicle was great but did not survive a large oak tree falling on it in Jan of 2017.