Used 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Outlander for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Suprising vehicle

geezerman, 06/21/2011
ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a Toyota 4Runner on a 2011 Outlander, after checking out all the competition. It was the only vehicle which met my criteria for interior/exterior size, power, mileage, warranty, and price. I was suprised that I was able to fit all the "stuff" I had in the 4Runner in the interior bins and pockets, and was suprised to see it had two large glove boxes. Also love the handy tool/stuff storage bin under the rear floor. I am getting 24 mpg around town and around 30 on the hwy., and think this is outstanding in a roomy and adequately powered small SUV. I told the dealer they need to have a better advertising program on this vehicle, as a lot more people should buy it.

Great Little SUV!

tmo411, 04/26/2011
GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my Outlander recently, but I've put 500 miles on it already. It handles great, and the V6 is very smooth. It also has a nice engine growl when you gun it a little. I got the GT model, but without all the bells & whistles. The stock stereo has a 6-CD changer, 140 watts and 6 speakers - plenty for my use. The seats are cloth centers with leather backs & sides - they felt more comfy than the full leather. You can aim the HID headlights, and they're really bright. I love the paddle shifters, too. The back seat has plenty of room for my 6'+ sons to sit in, so they like it.

Prepare to replace an $8K trans at low mileage

Alison, 07/18/2018
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car 3 years ago. I would have really loved it if there weren't so many problems that have plagued me since the day I drove it off the lot. Most of them, on their own, wouldn't be a big deal. But when they all pile up on top of each other, it made for a really stressful car-owning experience. I bought it used in 2015 and was very excited about it. Good things: lots of cargo space, handles amazing in the snow (the 2WD to 4WD option was one of my favorite features) decent gas mileage for the size, fantastic Bluetooth connectivity, comfortable, good visibility for a 5'0" tall girl. Bad things: (1) The check engine light came on the day after I purchased it (turns out the fuel pump was cracked and the Mistubishi dealer either didn't notice or didn't care), and basically has been on since, even though I've thrown over $1000 at different fixes. After two years, I just started ignoring it. (2) The vents for A/C and heat aren't properly controlled by the knob on the dash. I have to sit there and turn the knob back and forth until the car decides it wants to send the air out of the vents I want it to come out of. (3) the headlights don't feel very powerful - I honestly can't even tell they're on unless I'm on an unlit road by myself. (4) Most recently (AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!) the transmission failed at 120K miles for absolutely no reason. It was fine one night and broken the next morning. Wouldn't shift or go over 55 mph and didn't feel safe to drive. Took it to a trans shop and they said it had failed for no discernible reason, and that it had to be replaced with a brand new OEM transmission from the dealer. It has a very specialized CVT that Mistubishi doesn't seem to allow remanufactured versions of. So I either need to pay $8K to fix a car that's worth less than $6K, or scrap the car and lose all the value of it plus what I still owe on it. I called Mitsubishi and they said it's out of warranty so there is nothing they can do and it just has to be an out-of-pocket expense. I found out afterward that it's not an isolated incident other people have experienced the same thing. Very poor customer service, and I will not be buying another Mistubishi.

1st Mitsubishi SUV- Loving it!

pcar8, 10/27/2011
SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2011 Silver Outlander a couple months ago. This is my first 'crossover' SUV. My old car was a Nissan Maxima (I've owed 2 of them) now I'm driving a Mitsubishi and absolutley love it! It is so comfortable inside and fun to drive with its fast acceleration, responsive handling and sleek design - I got more bang for my buck! Never thought a navigation system was worth it but boy was I wrong. Plus the 10gb of space on the music server really is a plus. No more dragging around CD's. I just load a CD, record it and I'm good to go on any long distance journey. Oh and the sound system is AWESOME. Did I tell you I love this SUV?

No brainer

gski1, 04/13/2011
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love being on the road and not seeing my car everywhere (had an accord yrs ago and hated that). Even better is that I think everyone in those "other" over marketed cars simply made an uneducated buying choice! The Oultander, IMO, wins in style, value, features, reliability and most importantly warranty to boot. 5yr 60K mile bumper to bumper is a great idea. It always bothered my when I bought Honda and Subaru that you'd still be paying for the car with 2yrs payments left! Of course those dealers said "it's a Honda, you don't need a warranty"...Right, car dealers always tell the truth! If you go for the CRV, I'll be next to you at the light thinking "you dope"...LOL.