Used 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

The Green Demon
By Green Devil

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Oh boy, I've had my green demon for almost two years, and has been a tank!. I got the car with 190k and I've personally put about 22k miles on it myself. This is an amazing car especially this model year because its the most reliable one. The biggest cost for me for the car was the timing belt and the pump which can be done by yourself. I got into an accident where my strut broke which made my steering off which I later fixed. I drove with the wheel in the wrong direction for about two weeks and still didn't give me any issues. Great car for a college student who wants a fun crossover car that's cheap to maintain. The only​ downside at the moment is my car won't pass smog lol! Has over 220k miles so keep that in mind folks.

the best car I ever owned
By Fitsum Tesfaye

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my car in 2011 for a little over 5k it was 86k mileage I put on it a good 100k no issues what so ever other than quarterly oil change. I am recently looking around to buy BMW X5 2008. I couldn't find a review stating, no issue. there is always something to broke and replaced before 100k. I just have to write a review appreciating my long-time buddy the Outlander. great car in general! O wait my key get stuck in the ignition lately it needs a little playing around before it fires up.

137k miles without one defect!
By Hendricks

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great value: never once had an issue. The engine is perhaps not as powerful as on higher end SUVs, but in return you get a decent fuel economy. Very comfortable and practical car, has served my family (with 2 kids) perfectly for 6 years with many trips, including several into the mountains with snow at wintertime (with simple all season tires). Great traction, never needed chains. Also comfortable and roomy.

105 K and still looks good
By MinorityMandate

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A really great car from a really poor company/dealership system. Too bad because otherwise I would buy another.

Mitsu lover 4 life
By Dana Parenteau

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great SUV in my opinion the outlander is you best choice. I had my 04 outlander for 7 years and put over 229k on mine. Drove it across the country and never had any issues with it what so ever. I was involved in a major head on crash in it and walked away without a scratch. That SUV saved my life!!!