Used 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

the best car I ever owned
By Fitsum Tesfaye

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my car in 2011 for a little over 5k it was 86k mileage I put on it a good 100k no issues what so ever other than quarterly oil change. I am recently looking around to buy BMW X5 2008. I couldn't find a review stating, no issue. there is always something to broke and replaced before 100k. I just have to write a review appreciating my long-time buddy the Outlander. great car in general! O wait my key get stuck in the ignition lately it needs a little playing around before it fires up.

137k miles without one defect!
By Hendricks

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great value: never once had an issue. The engine is perhaps not as powerful as on higher end SUVs, but in return you get a decent fuel economy. Very comfortable and practical car, has served my family (with 2 kids) perfectly for 6 years with many trips, including several into the mountains with snow at wintertime (with simple all season tires). Great traction, never needed chains. Also comfortable and roomy.

105 K and still looks good
By MinorityMandate

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A really great car from a really poor company/dealership system. Too bad because otherwise I would buy another.

Mitsu lover 4 life
By Dana Parenteau

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great SUV in my opinion the outlander is you best choice. I had my 04 outlander for 7 years and put over 229k on mine. Drove it across the country and never had any issues with it what so ever. I was involved in a major head on crash in it and walked away without a scratch. That SUV saved my life!!!

2004 Outlander sport xls
By teddyjames

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my outlander with 93k, now at 109k. So far no issues, smooth ride, decent gas mileage overall solid car for $7500. I was told there may be suspension issues with this model, but nothing too serious from my experience so far. It's put a smile on my face and would recommend to buyers looking to spend under 10k on a crossover with lots of room for storage. If this car had either a turbo or V6 it would be 10x better lol.

Heated seats, sunroof, storage, gas mileage, cost for repairs

To many screws and nuts getting to spark plugs...not a huge issue but annoying!