Used 1990 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Consumer Reviews

$857 - $1,727

Used Montero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best of the best

awol, 09/17/2002
4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this "unknown" SUV instead of the 4Runner we couldn't afford. Only thing I would do different was to buy the automatic. The clutch plate was small and replaced about every 45,000 miles. Otherwise, a great ride for the money. Owned it for 11 years, original owners, put 168,000 miles on it. Great family car.

5 out of 5 stars

13 Years and Going Strong

Montero Man, 12/03/2002
RS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle to drive for 2-3 years and replace when I found a better SUV.I'm still looking for that better one.I have never broken down or been stuck that the 4X4 come through.If the other 11 automobiles I have owned over the past 13 years had performed only half as well as the Montero I would have been delighted.Overall fantastic SUV!

4.38 out of 5 stars

Absolutely love this car

djf, 02/28/2003
SP 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th one! I love this car! I was a real estate broker living outside the states and this car was great for showing property off of dirt roads. They still make the 2 door; they just don't import it into the states. The "box" (older) version is better because it has real Bumpers! Looking for one in mint condition.

4.63 out of 5 stars

This generation of Monteros is the best

not available, 08/06/2004
4dr SUV 4WD

The Montero that I own which is a 1990 has over 160000 miles on it. It is still going and I love it. I drive it everyday. I put a third row seat in the Montero, but removed it because I needed the HUGE truck for cargo. It you are in need of a 4X4 SUV under $5,000, this is it.

4.38 out of 5 stars

I sold it too soon.

JMichel, 09/29/2004
4dr SUV 4WD

Sold it at a 165,000 miles. Started looking for a new SUV and began to regret selling it. Never had a problem with it. Only normal maintenance, and maybe brakes wearing too soon, burns a little oil. Always started. NEVER left me on the highway stranded. Could use more guts up highway hills, but it's top end is great. Also could use more driver leg room. Fits well in compact car spaces for so much int. cubic ft.