Skip to main content

Used 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.5XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

4.8 out of 5 stars

4.5 out of 5 stars

Drum Wagon

kickindrummer, 06/14/2010
3.5XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Ranger Pick-Up to purchase this Mitsu - it had 60k miles on it when I bought it, but it was in immaculate condition. I now have 151k miles and it still looks great! Runs fantastic and have only ever had one mechanical problem (bad gaskets at the base of the spark plug, causing loss of compression.) I bought it because I needed something to haul my drums around - this thing has more cargo space than the Space Shuttle! So handling my kit (all in road cases) was no problem at all!

4.63 out of 5 stars

Love my XS!

Macadamia2, 11/14/2004
3.5XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2001 Montero Sport 3.5XS for almost four years now and I love it! I have had absolutely ZERO problems with this SUV and it is still just as fun to drive and sharp to look at as the day I bought it.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My 3.5XS rocks!

Macadamia2, 01/09/2003
3.5XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was surprised when I saw the (currently) low 7.2 rating. I've had my MS 2 years now and love it more than ever. I have yet to see another SUV (except for a much more expensive Cadillac Escalade) that I think is sexier or cooler-looking!

4.63 out of 5 stars

My MS XS kicks butt!

Macadamia, 06/15/2002
3.5XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my MS XS! I've had it for over a year now and have not had one problem (knock on wood) other than a factory recall which was fixed promptly. Sure, you don't get great gas mileage, but what do you want from a 4,000 pound SUV. It has just enough power, rides so smooth for a truck and looks better than any other SUV around (in my opinion)!

3.75 out of 5 stars

mitsu-review

chris, 07/04/2005
3.5XS 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

3.5liter engine has good power and acceleration. Very dependable; no problems at all up to 52k. Room in the front seats is fine for my wife who is 5'6" but for me --6 ft it is a little cramped on long distance driving.