Used 2006 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Wallet Deathtrap
By Maxim Baddy

2006 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is horrendous. Parts to replace common things such as Exhaust Manifold, Radiator Senors, the Radiator itself, Water Pump, etc. They all cost an arm & leg. Mitsubishi needs to start taking notes from Toyota. Galants are terrible.

Great Galant!
By William Sosa

2006 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great value!

Great car for the price
By dscarchick

2006 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my used Galant 6 months ago and so far its been the most reliable car I've owned. It's the first import I've owned as well. Very comfortable to drive and I get 29 mpg with the 6 cylinder engine. Granted, it isn't a German luxury car but if your looking for an affordable used car with a good reputation, this is it. I like it so much in fact, i'm going to buy a 2012 model when my financial situation improves. I was bummed to hear 2012 was the last year but who knows, maybe Mitsubishi will make a new full size car with similar features. Overall, a good buy.

Leather interior, heated seats, sunroof, display screen, white gauges. Good power/get up & go.

Ipod plug :-)

Great value for my buck
By sirvince

2006 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just changed jobs and had to give up my company car sooner then I thought and bought this car without even test driving it from a dealer. I just had a good feeling about the car..Now that I own it I just love it.. Even with the 98,000 miles on it I could tell it was well cared for. Not even one door dig on it so I know the last person watched were they parked it to avoid door digs. Why would someone do all that and not care for the car..Right? I was sad to hear that this car will be dropped after 2012. Just when I find a car I like it's discontinued. Sure a Honda or Toyota is a higher rated car but also a higher price..In these hard times the Galant offered me great value for my dollar

6 disc changer - Heated leather seats - Nice ride - Handles very well on tight turns and expressway driving - Takes the bumps very well - Roomy inside I am 5"11 - Roomy back seat - Roomy trunk - Plenty of get up and go power for a 4 cyl engine - Good on gas I get about 24 miles per gallon all around average - I would also like to note the styling is sweet - I catch allot of people checking my car out.

Some grab handles would of been nice...But I was looking for great value and I found it and will never look back.I am very very please and happy with my purchase and the great financing I got from my Credit Union 3.5% The dealer was asking $9,000 I got it for $8,000.I think the only thing this car lacks was better marketing about it's value to the cost minded consumer.Sorry to see the model come to end after 2012. A sad day!

Galant Lover
By Joe & Nayra

2006 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Galant we've owned. The first one was a 2003 model. We bought it used with 140,000 miles on it and it drove very good for three years. With that type of dependability we decided to go for another one. The 2006 model we just bought has 60,000 miles on it but drives great and it looks like new inside out!

The blue gauge lights. Plenty of room. The stylish exterior.

Chrome wheels would add more class to the exterior.