Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Love it or hate it
By Christopher (KING) Miller

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

honestly buying this car was the best thing I've ever done. It's a sports car for somebody who can't afford high-end sports cars. the V6 engines got a lot of power the Transmissions very easy to use and regardless of what you've read on fuel economy I averaged about 22 miles to the gallon. The Hydraulics for the back hatch go out which is expected in hatchbacks. the clear coat on the paint has faded which is also to be expected at that time of painting. and it almost a hundred thousand miles the clutch needs to be replaced. all these things are to be expected from a vehicle that's almost a hundred thousand miles and over 10 years old. altogether if you find one in decent working condition it's well worth the buy.

Driving my Eclipse makes me feel young again
By Paul Workmaster

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2006 brand new and it has been a great little car. Very dependable and a lot of fun to drive. For a 4 cylinder engine it has a lot of spunk when coupled with my 5 speed transmission. I'm over 6' tall and still have adequate leg room in the front seats. The back seat room is non-existent though. On a positive note the trunk room with the rear seat folded down is big enough to haul some fairly large items. I previously owned 3 other Eclipses: a 1992, a 1995, a 2001 and this one. I'd buy another one but they don't make them anymore.

I love this car
By Kurtis Kelley

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i absolutely love this cari an a die hard chevrolet fan but I saw this little spieys car had to have it I own newer monte carlo with the big v-6 and this little 4banger will leave it in the dust I'm a retired 40 year old military vet and I'd buy another eclipse today

Amazing Car.
By Ømar Chafee

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had a dark red 06 Eclipse GT with that "rare" black strip going down the front bumper. It was a beautiful car I bought a nice spoiler for it too. It really drove great, I had it from 75 K miles to 115 K miles until it was hit by a drunk driver, totaling it. It gave me small minor problems throughout the time I've had it but that's almost what's to expect from any used car near or over 100 K. My car door sometimes wouldn't close, I had to get it a new battery because the battery I had was very weak.. ect. The sound quality is absolutely magnificent. That speaker in the trunk really gives the overall sound an extra punch. Acceleration is great. I liked nearly everything about this car.

It's looks. This car without a doubt turns heads. The one I had, people would always walk up to me and compliment my ride, It felt great.

Back seat is the smallest tightest I've ever seen.. + The seats, aren't incredibly comfortable.

Wicked Awesome Eclipse
By garyf2132

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Eclipse GS Automatic with only 60,000 miles on it just last week. It came equipped with the Rockford Fosgate premium stereo system with subwoofer. I'm in love with this car literally. It's a real head turner. Acceleration is fantastic especially when pulling onto the highway or changing lanes, plenty of power to zoom around. The blue colored dash lights are a wicked cool feature. The bucket seats give it that extra sporty feel. The stereo system doesn't come with an AUX input jack unfortunately but I purchased an OEM Mitsubishi cable online so I will install it myself into the rear of the stereo system. Overall I love this car & wouldn't trade it for anything.

Rockford Fosgate Premium Stereo w/Subwoofer Blue Dash/Instrument Lighting Power/Acceleration Handling is excellent 4 Cylinder 2.4L Engine/Fuel Economy Heats up quick on cold mornings Plenty of leg room Japanese vehicles always very reliable

None