Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews

Used Eclipse for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Beneathe the Silver Lining

NJJ, 10/01/2003

The new eclipse is a cloud of deceit without the silver lining. Coolant system with poor circulation, and very poor quality engine components. Wait until you go through a winter with snowy, salty roads and watch your engine compartment rust out. If you make it to 36,000 miles your transmission is likely to start giving coast down clunks and clicking noises. Poor quality rims dent easily on 2002 models. Intake and exhaust systems are inefficiently designed, negatively effecting performance. Beautiful car from the exterior, after a year looks like a rusty '78 Dodge Dart. Dealerships talk their way around fixing problems and the car still sells.

Close to perfect (for me)

Payback_56, 11/08/2003

The car iteself is great, has a great feel to it, good handling, tight on turns. Able to handle speed well Came with side of steering column busted, but they were fast to fix it, excellent service.

Great cars even used if you take care of it

overboost007, 10/16/2012

OK people lesson I am 6ft 8in tall, 260 lbs, I formally drove a 1999 Honda Accord EX CPE V6 with 248,000. Now I have a 2003 Mitsubishi clipse GTS 5 speed manual that had 98,000 on it when I bought it. The previous owner took great care of it. I went through it hard. I am just a DIY guy that knows car. This car was a good buy because of how it was taken care of. The dealers can clean it up but I know brakes, fuel systems, intake, transmission & engine. It is not rocket science. Research on line and make a good choice. The car runs great I will upgrade the brakes to what I like an just maintain it until I am ready to by a newer vehicle

exciting drive

schumacher, 03/27/2003

my mitsu is titanium w/sunroof and infinity sound which i find to be ok. i get lots of stares because this car just plain looks bad ass. and it is if you can handle a clutch and shifter in a racer fashion . i can rip a 7 second 0-60 and 15.2 1/4 mile. however i wish mitsu would have distanced itself from other cars of this type by offering a 230 hp, 235 lb.ft torque engine. it would have been the smart thing to do in order to draw people away from competitors such as acura and toyota.

Fun sports coupe

Red GTS, 09/19/2007

I wanted to buy my daughter the Eclipse in 2003, but opted for a "practical" 4 door vehicle. 4 years later, I helped her trade in the other vehicle for a red '03 Eclipse GTS (with only 20,000 miles). It's a sharp looking, great performing car. Made changes to the wheels (larger) and new wider Kumho tires. I own an '06 Eclipse GT (6M) and find it to be great. Now, I'm glad to see her as an owner of the Eclipse she always wanted.

12345...40