Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews

Used Eclipse for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

2003 eclipse

Vicky, 05/24/2016
GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car brand new in 2003 n it still runs GREAT! It's a problem free car only had to do minor things in the thirteen years I've owned it. Tires oil changes belt extra. The little things. I love my car after all these years!

190,000 Miles and Still Going Strong

guitar_guy, 06/08/2011

I bought this car new in 2004. It was February, and the salesman was discouraged as he walked me to the lot, and the car was under a pile of snow. He said all he had was a 4 cylinder with standard transmission... I didn't let on, but that's EXACTLY what I wanted. The car has been a dream to own. I have performed regular maintenance with my own mechanics. I never went back to the dealer, and never needed to. Oil changes every 3000, and regular timing belt changes were the bulk of maintenance. Also plugs every 60k. I replaced two tie rods, and recently an axle (after 189,000). Two sets of brake pads. That's about it. I love this car, and I don't want to part with it.

MY NEW CAR

SUPRBABE2000, 05/03/2002

I WAS LOOKING FOR A CAR AND I WANTED A SPORTS CAR. I NEVER WANTED AN ECLIPSE BUT THE SALES MAN TALKED ME INTO A TEST DRIVE. I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. IT SHARP IT LOOKS NICE AND IT RIDES GREAT. WITH GAS PRICES AS HIGH AS THE ARE NOW ITS GOOD TO KNOW I CAN GO A WHILE ON A FULL TANK. AND THE PRICE ON IT AMAZED ME.

My 2003 Eclipse GTS

rmitch86, 04/15/2011

I owned a 2001 GS for a few years i inherited it from my parents when they traded up i loved it. When that car was rear ended and totalled in december i purchased a 2003 eclipse GTS gun metal grey. It has 74k and running great. My 01 got up to 212k and was running like a champ. Just do your sched maint. and keep an eye on problem areas. Both have been 5 speed and the feel of the clutch and the way the shifter pops into place is great. Very fun car to drive especially in the summer with the windows down and sunroof open. as long as you take car of the car and keep up with it the eclipse will treat you right. even stock its a head turner.

Follow up from 2011 review / 2014 comments

overboost007, 02/09/2014

Ok my 2003 GTS Eclipse V6 currently has 119000 miles. received Duralast Gold brake pads since I purchased it and 2 oil changes Mobile 1 synthentic and thats it. Now the BAD. The Flywheel and clutch went. Replaced them at Don Herring Mitsubishi in Plano Texas Thanks JT. Then the ABS light came on. I'll go to Auto Zone and get the Code and fix it myself. So far the second best used car I have owned next to my old 1999 Honda Accord CPE V6. AGAIN I do not race. The only upgrade is an INJEN Intake system. Hopefully I can trade it in next year for a 2011 Dodge Charger or challenger. But my 2003 MITS GTS is one of the best reliable used cars you can buy hands down.

12345...40