Used 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 3000GT for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Fun to Drive

Alex, 06/06/2010
2dr Coupe

Second Mitsubishi 3000 GT I've owned. The body is beautiful, slick and aerodynamic. The interior panel with amazing display. More fun to drive than my other 2 newer and more expensive vehicles.

3000GT is Great

Louie, 05/30/2002
SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased it used, in 2000 with 44K. Not a single problem as yet. However, I do perform routine maintenance as scheduled all the time. Cockpit is a bit cramped. Back seats are for kids. Drives like a dream. Fast, head turner, stylish inside & out. Feels solidly built. I own SL model with power sunroof + power everything else. Now has 53K and still great.

Beautiful car

Doomsday, 06/19/2002
2dr Coupe

This is my 2nd 3000gt base i have had. I love it!! However it feels like it holds back in performance. Don't get me wrong, it is fast enough for anyone, but i Love speed, so i crave for more torque and more hp. is a little noisy in the interior and the seats in fabric is not too classy, but overall the car is a dream machine.

GT collector

JayBird, 03/30/2007
2dr Coupe

I collect 2nd gen 3000GTs and currently have 4. I've only owned this 97 GT for a few years and I am still impressed with it. It had 187,000 miles on it when I bought it and it now has 234,000 miles. The only problems so far were the rear brake calipers went out on it and the exhaust downpipe. But other than that it is a great car, quick and reliable. It is a big car, though, clearing in at 7ft wide and 14ft long. It sticks to the road. It is a shame that they could not produce them cheaper to keep them around but at least they outlived their twin, the Dodge Stealth, and the over priced Toyota Supra. The 97 GT is a great car if you can find one.

Constant Craving - In a BAD WAY

DrummerBoy, 04/29/2002
2dr Coupe

This car catches everyone's eye all the time. HOWEVER, it has been a constant problem. I have gone through 3 thermostats which caused the car to shift irregularly and harshly. The timing belt change at around 80k miles is $$$$$. Parts are $$$$. Keep in mind, I have the base model. I think they really left out a lot of quality on the engine as a result.