Used 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 3000GT for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

3000GT VR4

3000GT/VR4, 08/16/2010
VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I really enjoy this car. I had a 3000GT in college, gave it to my brother and now 5 years later I purchased another. I really enjoy just about everything about the car. If able ensure you have records of all the maintenance done to the vehicle. It seems as if you can't fix anything on this vehicle for less than $1,000 unless you can do it yourself (engine has to be pulled to do almost anything). That said, if you can find a good one with paperwork showing the 60K and 120K (if required) go for it! Something to look out for is for 2nd gear synchro's tend to wear out. Fixable, but again about $1,200. Who ever said that they can fix one for under that did it themselves or never owned one.

1996 VR4 - a superb GT car

Douglas Barton, 11/02/2002
VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

They stopped making this car - too bad! High performance, luxury, sexy styling in a two door coupe (today performance cars are either 4-door sedans, tiny roadsters or underpowered coupes like the Monte Carlo)...also VERY reliable. What's wrong with todays consumer - in my youth 4-door cars were for "dorks".

One awesome car!

Dave McD., 11/08/2005
VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

My 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT is my second car on this platform. First was a 1992 Dodge Stealth base model. It was the handling characteristics that sold me on these machines. The second, my current car, is the VR4. If anyone doubts how well these cars handle and perform, drive the "Tail of the Dragon" (US Route 129), between Maryville, TN and Robbinsville, NC. Just one time, and you will be hooked!

They don't make cars like this anymore!

zman, 08/01/2005
VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

As the title says, you just can't buy a new car today with the level of comfort, luxury, performance, and style as the 3000GT. This is my fourth 3S platform car (3 Stealths, now a 3000GT). The first was a non-turbo 1991 SOHC model followed by three Twin-Turbo versions (1992,1991,1996). I sold my last one to buy a Porsche 911, but I just couldn't stay away from these great Mitsus! My only complaint is that the headroom is a little low with the power sunroof option. My previous Stealths were all hardtop or glass roof and had more room for my 6'2" self. Just gotta slouch a little now and keep my hair trimmed short ;)