Used 2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Growcery Store Car
By David D

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd MINI, so I know the pluses and minuses. Stiff ride, fair comfort, handles like a go cart, great steering, easy to park, fun to drive and holds value. We use this hatch for around town ~~ grocery store and around town shopping. Perfect for our needs.

It may be cute and fun, but NOT worth the headache
By Allyson

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this vehicle because I wanted a RELIABLE vehicle and the reviews seemed promising. The gas mileage was also a HUGE selling point for me. Unless you live near and Actual MINI COOPER dealership/service repair shop and have $$ to spend on replacing incorrectly made parts. So far my timing chain, high pressure fuel pump, oil seal, AND now my Thermostat housing have all been recalled. Being covered under warranty SEEMS like an acceptable compromise, but unfortunately mini demands only MINI service can repair the vehicle under warranty. So when you like 155 miles from a Mini dealership having it towed to be repaired is going to run you another $500. These vehicles were not build correctly resulting in MANY MANY recalls warranty fixes. DON'T PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS.

My 2010 Mini Cooper S
By Lee Williams

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this for my high school age son. The safety ratings were good, gas mileage excellent, and the performance is fun without being overwhelming for a new driver. Outward visibility is exceptional! I was concerned about reliability ratings, however, as a longtime BMW owner, I’ve come to learn that most people will only give reviews on negatives and not highlight the positives. We’ve had no issue with this car, but if we do, I have a greY service department at our local BMW/Mini dealership.

Remember it is a sportier car that means more work
By Joshua

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Sportier cars always come with a catch usually more expensive maintenance but it being a performance car means dont cheap out on parts thats asking for something to break it handles amazingly and has good power for a car i still get 35+ mpg in yea theres some slight torquesteer and turbo lag but most fwd turbo cars have some form of both the interior controls are kinda annoying until you get used to them but overall its a fun car meant to be fun to drive and they nailed that. That being said of course automatic is going to have some trouble which is why i got a 6 speed manual which is an incredibly strong transmission and would only fail from operator/owner caused issues or a defect from the factory which is not very likely

DO NOT BUY...
By Michael T

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm an engineer. Quality of Mini is truly MINI. Inside it's cheaply made. Wife bought it without 'consulting' with me. As the result, traded it in 8 months later for Toyota Corolla.