Used 2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:

My little piece [non-permissible content removed]
By B. Johnson

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

We've owned this car for about 3 years. Every few months it just needs another repair. This particular year, 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman, needed a new timing chain. This repair alone was over $1900. I would NOT recommend this car to anyone unless you are a mechanic and enjoy working on cars.

Beware of numerous potential issues!
By Paul Tucker

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Let me start by saying this car looks great. It even handles and accelerates great. It has decent interior room (even though the 3rd half-door is a joke). The problem is this car is a potential money pit. I've spent over $5000 on repairs: timing chain, oil pump, water pump, low engine oil pressure etc...you name it. This Mini is not a durable car, and should never be purchase with more than 50,000 miles. I receive class-action lawsuit notices against Mini on all the issues I've had to deal with almost every three months. Obviously, I'm not the only owner dealing with these re-occurring issues. My advice is to stay away from this vehicle unless you have unlimited funds for repair or know a Mini repairman who works extremely cheap.

I LOVED this car!
By Tonette LaGrone

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

GREAT for getting around town,, slipping into tight parking spaces, ease of loading items, and much more.

Great car. I give it 5 stars but
By Rapp1116

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Its noisy, the seats could be better, the bluetooth suck, the usb ports are awful. The hand free phone system is unreliable at best. Pure and simple! T it has other flaws and the run flat tires are brutal. Switch the tires and ignore the rest of the sortcomings This car is F U N to drive. You just have to avoid Mini service off warranty . It’s is awful and terribly expensive. I have owned about 20 cars in my life . I have never kept a car more then 4 years. My mini is 10 years old and still going strong.

One safety issue of note that mini doesn’t seem to acknowledge. My rear doors come open on their own from time to time. The car can be parked over night, just starting up or driving down the road at 100kms. It doesn’t happen very often but ...

RUN!!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By amkzn

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

i type this as my clubman is sitting in the shop, where it has been for the past week with "catastrophic engine failure", this is apparently common in these cars and BMW refuses to issue a recall. Not even sure how that can be legal. I was just driving on the freeway and all of a sudden the engine started to blow. Basically the cost to repair it is going to be $12,000, aka, more than the vehicle is worth. Loved this car in the beginning, but after only owning it for a year and half, this is horrible!!!! RUN, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!