Skip to main content

Used Sable for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

5 out of 5 stars

Great value for elegant car.

Sirwilly, 12/25/2003
LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this brand new car after I had a Ford Taurus 98 modell. Liked the Ford and Mercury Dealerships in our City. The promotion rebates in Summer 03 gave me the incentive to get another one from Ford after I checked out VWs (Passat, Jetta) and Volvos. Found them all to be too expensive and considered the Sable to be similar for a better price and even better value!

Mercury builds a winner!

Variseal, 01/13/2004
LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an LS premium with the Duratec 24V V6. The engine makes a nice subdued growl at full throttle and pulls strongly at all speeds, right up to a governed 110 MPH. Handling is above average for a large sedan but the ride is much more forgiving than the Regal/Grand Prix/Impala from GM. Interior is functional, user-friendly and comfortable, if not the most attractive I've seen. The adjustable pedals are great for my 5' 2" wife and I can easily find a good position for my 6' 2" frame with plenty of head room. The Mach audio system has good sound and the 6-disc changer in the console is a nice touch. Heater/AC works great.

4.25 out of 5 stars

A great car at a great price

ScottyRS, 06/24/2002
LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a capable road car for the package. I drive a lot on all sorts of road and this vehicle takes it all on with confidence.

Safe 5 star & nice room

go blue, 02/03/2008
LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Currently the vehicle has 100,000 miles. Besides normal brakes, tires and oil changes, the only repair I had to make was a blower fan for $150.00. I looked at the Honda Accord & Toyota Camry - both of those cars have timing belts and 30,000 mile tune ups. I had a 100% chance of spending $600 for the timing belt and $300 for each tune up X 3 since I have 100,000 miles. That is a total of $1,500 in normal maintenance that I avoided with Ford's / Mercury's 100,000 mile tune up and a timing chain that lasts the life of the vehicle - serveral hundred thousand miles. Why do you think Consumer Reports does not bring this up? Ford delivers vehicle with the design to minimize maintenance costs!

A good buy!

Selfer, 03/30/2003
LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We like this car a lot. It is our 3rd Mercury and 6th Ford product. It rides smoothly and has some nice extra touches. I find, with all Mercurys and too many cars these days, that the standard passenger seating is uncomfortable. I do not like to ride with my legs stretched out and the floors are too shallow to do otherwise. Bend your knees and they are up under your chin, it seems. Also, we drove the car out of the dealership and it shimmied. Seems it came from the factory with a bad caliper. Is there no Quality Control anymore? But Mercury fixed it and the Sable rides well now.

12345...7