Used 2004 Mercury Monterey Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Monterey for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

So many problems!

Pcgeek, 08/31/2017
Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Alternator had to be replaced several times. Power locks refusing to unlock or lock. Rusts like heck! Rusted so deep the back seats wouldn't hold! Key lock on front doof fell off the door frame! Terible acceleration. Poor power. Electrical issues like outlet failing. Front left window sometimes won't open. Overall a crappy car!

3 out of 5 stars

3.88 out of 5 stars

It's good enough for me

wattaguy, 01/26/2009
Convenience 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm the unusual purchaser. My main car is a 2002 Bentley Arnage. I'm spoiled, and I know it. We bought this car, a Premium model to schlep the dogs and visitors. It has comfort for 7. We got every option, and then added an after market moonroof and wood trim package. It's now 4 years later. The Bentley sits, and we drive the van. It's comfortable, dependable, and has never had a mechanical issue once. I know if I get into this car I'm going to get to where I'm going. Some of the plastic trim items were cheesy, and they could improve on that, but for the price this is a really nice car, and at 3000 miles a year, we're now retired, this car will be with us forever. It's good enough for me.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Upside Down in Missouri

yelsew, 06/13/2005
Convenience 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased to replace 2000 Grand Caravan. We purchased over other makes because of great style. Drove Honda, both Dodge and Chrysler, looked At Nissian, and Freestar. Window sticker claims 23 mpg. We have yet to get close. Our best fuel mileage, just over 19 mpg on the interstate with cruise control set @ 70mph. Back to dealer several times. Power sliding doors out of adjustment (way out) took two trips. Arm rest fell of front seat. Rear wipper wiped body not glass. A/C compresser locked up at 10,000 miles, dealer replaced complete A/C system. Ask Dealer to note poor fuel economy on every work order, they reported it would get better with more miles. It hasn't YET!!!

4.63 out of 5 stars

Mercury minne van

Lloyd Staveteig, 01/13/2005
Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This van is very nice to drive but there is more road noise than I expected but operates well both on the road and in town how ever it is at the present time making poor gas milage, they tell me it will get better with more milage, will wait and see on that.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Better than expected after 6000 miles

Almon, 01/15/2005
Convenience 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Tested the Honda and Toyota competition. The Merecury ride, comfort, safety, performance are very competitive. The price is much better with incentives. I am over six foot and 240 lbs and I am very comfortable. Rides great at 80 mph on the interstate. Gettting 18 mpg in town and 24+ highway. Terrific interior and dash design. No defects or problrms at the 5000 mile service. Very satisfied with dealer service so far. So many features and good quality for the price. Rear seat flips and folds easily with one hand. I recommend this vehicle

12345...13