Used 2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

Don't ever buy one of these !!!
By Bruce

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 144 WB Cargo 3dr Van (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have 4 of the mercedes sprinter vans and all 4 are the biggest waste of money and down time I've ever had to deal with...excluding the trash I take out every Tuesday night!! Well perhaps that too is better. When a dealer tells you the fuel is contaminated...they really mean they have no idea what's wrong with it. Go ahead and buy one for 55k but hear me out...you WILL spend another 55k just in repairs...sensor this...sensor that blah blah blah. Run to a dodge dealer please!!! Or whomever that makes a better product.

$$$$$ pit
By Paul Ayoub

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 170 WB Passenger 3dr Van w/High Roof (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

The emissions system will cost tens of thousands of dollars potentially. After 90,000 the fist multi thousand dollar repair of the DEF tank/ pump occurred. At 190,000 the repairs landslides with DEF, multiple codes and poor mileage. My chevy Van was a relic yet ran and ran to 500,000. This think is bankrupting me. Repairs this year are one $5500 for the emission system. It runs at night and I cant sleep wondering when the next call will come with another breakdown and a $2000 price tag.

170k trouble free milles on my 2015 4cyl
By Ed

170k trouble free milles on my 2015 4cyl

2nd Sprinter is a 2015 the first was the 2006
By Milou Owen

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 144 WB Passenger 3dr Van (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

The 2015 gets amazing fuel economy in the 4 cyl 7 spd transmission 144" WB, Hight Top, 2500, Passenger Van version. The road noise is much improved over the older model. The seating arrangement is smart. I take out the last 2 rows of seats as needed to haul equipment. It is a very versatile and impressive looking/ performing van. The best in it's calls, in my opinion. I checked all the competitors before buying this one and was not impressed with the competitors, look, performance or cheap looking designs. Get great fuel economy and enjoy your quality ride.

2015 Crew Van
By SilverFire General Manager

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 144 WB Crew 3dr Van (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have owned 3 Sprinter vans previously (cargo, passenger, & now the crew) in all roof and wheel base configurations. Sprinters vans have been significantly superior to the first generation Ford Transit Connect I owned (limited cargo capacity, paltry power on grades, unstable in high wind, and had non existent towing capacity (underpowered Ford Focus engine). I am a commercial van user and participate in lots of trade shows. I require significant cargo room and cargo doors for constant loading & unloading freight. I prefer the standard roof option over the high roof models, due to high wind instability experienced traveling cross country on multiple occasions with all Sprinter roof van roof options. I prefer the crew or passenger model increased visibility the cargo versions do not offer, despite having backup camera option on all models (recommend). The fact is the 170 wheel base is more difficult to maneuver at trade shows and park than the 144 wheelbase option, and has more interior cabin road noise. I have had significant reliability issues with starting my 4 cylinder engine since purchase. My dealership implied no codes existed with the 2015 BlueTec 4 cylinder, when scanned. I took photos of the "Return to Workshop" display code to verify code light issue. At 39,000 miles, the dealership states MB has finally sent service notes confirming BlueTec 4 cylinder starting issues. The torque converter, water pump are scheduled to be replaced, and the flywheel needs to be re-polished to address the documented starting issues at relatively low mileage. Fortunately I opted for the extended warranty package at time of purchase. Due to the high number of complaints and complexity of each new Sprinter model introduced moving forward, I highly recommend full service warranties, if purchasing a Sprinter van. Repair costs on Sprinter vans are extensive and expensive. Big picture: I prefer diesel cargo vans and the Sprinter is much more comfortable than other brands I have tried with long distance driving and personal lower back issues. The cargo capacity and power has been adequate on grades and long pulls to date. I currently have a new product offering that requires greater vertical clearance than with my existing standard roof option permits. I am now going to have to evaluate returning to a high roof Sprinter or larger Ford Transit diesel cargo van. I prefer not to trailer if possible, although I currently am trailering a small additional product trailer (due to height restrictions of current standard Sprinter roof cargo door configuration). Trailering requires reduced highway speeds in many States and additional wear and tear on engine & transmission, so I am currently considering returning to the longer 170 wheelbase option with extended roof height, to avoid trailering. Nothing is perfect, change is constant, so you adapt. The taller roof option means you slow down in high wind and longer wheel base with more cargo capacity means requiring more braking distance and slower speeds. Safe Driving!