Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

What a car
By Tom in Sarasota

2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 63 AMG 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I have owned for a year. Chose over a Bentley. While the Bentley had a nicer outside style, The Mercedes is just a better car, has technology and is faster. I don't like the gas mileage, but I guess that is what you should expect for a sedan that does 0-60 in 3.0 seconds. The car actually steers itself ... stays in lanes ... stops in emergencies. I did get the upgraded interior and stereo ... and in hindsight, love the interior but could have passed on the stereo because it eats trunk space. No maintenance issues whatsoever! The biggest weakness is that it is so subtle. Wish is stood out a little more from the standard s550. By the way, the firmness of the ride over the standard s550 is what makes it for me. Great car, a little overpriced perhaps, but a better deal than some.

Beauty and power
By GreyBeard

2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Great smooth ride, the air suspension works. Lots of electronics and features, really too many to comprehend but some are setup you only do once.

Like a beautiful, high maintainence woman
By Jerry Tennant

2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is a beautiful automobile and fun to drive (except confusing controls). However it is very unreliable. The media system didn't work when I bought it and it took a couple of months to get parts from Germany to fix it. The ordered parts didn't work so had to wait longer for more parts. Soon it wouldn't start---the almost new battery was defective! Windshield washer wouldn't put water out. Then the driver's vanity mirror simply broke off. The media system is a disaster! You need the manual in one hand to figure out how to select the media you want. It is insane that the CD player won't automatically change from one disk to the next. When listening to a multidisk audiobook, you have to recognize that it is playing the same disk over and have to manually switch to the next disk while driving. This process is hidden behind, "media", pull the knob downward, select "devices", use the knob to select the next disk (even though you may not remember what number the next disk is). Try doing this without taking your eyes off the road! Won't recognize newest iPod plug. But it looks great if you don't mind a $600 oil change. The only car I ever owned that was less reliable was a new Rolls-Royce Silver Spur.

My FIRST MB... and S-class in particular.
By Nick B.

2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I am from Europe. The poor section. Having 2016 S-class 350 d 4Matic (diesel), which is not available as a model selection here. So far 1,350 km on the odometer. The average fuel consumption is 6.3 liters per 100 kilometers. On a highway, I do get from 5.2 to 6.0 litters per 100 km. This is my first MB ever. I am amazed by the level of comfort it delivers. I have never experienced anything close to that. When I do enter my Benz, I do feel like being into an another world (of it's own). It is very relaxing to drive it. I consider this overall high level comfort and technology, which I guess is also offered in other cars, like Audi, Lexus and BMW, to be a masterpiece of modern car manufacturing. This car is a dream I have chased for over 20 years. Now locked this dream down. Feeling quite good and satisfied because of that. However, I do find the interactions with other humans/animals/plants, to bring more happiness in life. If this info is about to disappoint you, wait until you have the ability to own one yourself. Do not get me wrong. This is the most amazing vehicle I have ever drove or being driven at, still, somehow, it is just a machine and it does everything right, yet, closely interacting (especially) with my wife, playing with the kids and other people's dogs and cats, even just walking in the parks, makes me more happy...

pleasure to review S550
By kiri desai

2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 63 AMG 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Great car, you got to experience it.