Used 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

The Mercedes Experiment
By JR

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First Mercedes after owning several Lexus RX 350's. This SUV is heavy and solid. Cavernous headroom and reasonably comfortable. Quality materials thruout. The qualty of the interior was much superior to the Lexus. The On Command system ( computer system) with M Brace ( a subscription conceriege service) is a complete joke. MBrace isn't worth 2 cents much less $380/year. No remote start on the 2015. Great tow capacity and excellent hiway ride. Gas milage is poor. Love the wood steering wheel feel and the lane departure warning. (Basic compared to current options offered) You might need special talents to get in and out of this car. Sits high and the side board causes some dificulty for entry and exit. No black plastic molding around the wheel wells. Looks far superior to the Lexus and Infinity. The interior color coordination with tan pilars and matching headliner/seats was preffered over the Lexus and Cadilac black headliner and pilers.

MB nothing but the best
By Dee

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, this car is amazing; great ride, audo is great, steering and handling awesome, feels safe, higher up than a sedan but not as high as a suburban, stylish interior! I would say the drivers seat could be a bit more comfortable and can a car company please create a spot for the handbag! Anyway, just drove the GLC 300 and I think I will go that route next. A bit sportier and the seat and surroundings are way more comfortable. I am officially a Benz girl! won't trade them for another!

Swag
By Casey

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car drives like a sports car. Just traded in our 2010 ML350 for this model.

Mercedes Technology, Learn From Lexus
By Irwin

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the second ML-350 AWD that I have owned, so my review applies to the 2012 which had engine problems, misfiring and the 2015 which has keyless go technology problems. Both items were reported to Mercedes many times and in both cases Mercedes provided no satisfaction and no ability to find the problem and repair it. On the 2012, near the end of my ownership just prior to trading the car in, Mercedes came out with and performed some sort of software upgrade on the engine and it finally fixed the misfiring. This problem had gone on for almost three years, with Mercedes denying there was a problem and telling me that it was the gasoline I was purchasing which was the same I had used in my many Lexus SUV's for previous 20 years. On my current 2015, the keyless go fails more than it works and the car continues to get confused when there are two keys near the car. My wife always carries, her key to my car when we ride together and the Mercedes keyless go is unable to switch between the keys and work consistently. Recently, we have had a problem, where my wife was in the car and unable to get out, and I was outside with my key and unable to get in, which would have been a disaster in an emergency. The car has been in the shop at least 4 times for this problem, but Mercedes denies there is a problem and will not switch out the computer that handles this part of the technology or has been unable to fix the problem. I have made videos of the failure which I was asked by my service manager at Mercedes to do to proof the failure was happening and there are numerous reports of the problem online, but similar to my engine problem in the 2012, Mercedes is unable or unwilling to address and repair the problem. Other than the problems, we have liked the ML350, and we also own the GLK 350, but I am very unhappy with the way Mercedes addresses their own issues with their Technology. Having been a Lexus owner since Lexus came out with their SUV's and with Toyota before that, the switch to Mercedes has been difficult as their customer service and their ability to make their technology work still needs improvement. Update 8-12-17, In January 2017 Mercedes service replaced the keyless go computer and the keyless go worked correctly for a short time before it started to fail again. Now it has gotten much worse, often will not recognize one of the keys and still does not have the ability to switch between the two keys. Mercedes has a long way to go in being able to service and fix their own technology issues. I have now had this car for 30 months and keyless go still does not work properly.

ML400 v. BMW X5
By Steve Zwiren

2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML 400 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I compared and test drove the BMW X5 and the ML400. The X5 handles slightly better on highway ramps at the posted speed limit. As you pushed the SUVs harder through the highway ramps the X5 had less body lean to it, however, the ML400 was good and held the turns just fine. I choose the ML400 because I liked the smooth road and highway comfort. The highway ramps were a fraction of the time I spend driving so the nicer ride on the roads in the ML400 was more important to me than a few seconds of less lean in the highway ramps. Also, I liked the design and quality better in the ML400. I've had the ML400 16 months and have had no problems with it.