Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used E-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

The true family hauler!

gandeesinla, 11/04/2013

With room for seven and nearly 500 hundred horsepower this wagon delivers a safe and fun experience for up to seven passengers. This car is very expensive new but is a serious piece of engineering. It's luxurious and fun to drive and looks subdued but sporty. It's a sleeper....

Fast, fun and furious E555 AMG

David Wishnew, 10/18/2004

Blazingly fast, extremely comfortable and totally unflappable. Cruises easily at 40, 80 or 120 mph. Easier to drive at triple digit speed than my old Grand Sport Corvette. Seats very comfortable and infinitely adjustable. Sound system can use more wattage for high speed cruising with open sunroof. Outrageous cost for installed telephone. Transmission sometimes lurches a bit, but slapstick is easy to use and dropping two gears quickly is easier than with manual transmission. Surprisingly good gas mileage on highway driving, although difficult to keep to speed limit. I would definitely buy another

2 in my garage

oldgitsalesp, 11/20/2006

Having owned 7 MBZ's in total, we have finally come to where I can say this is the real deal. I like them so much, that I have two of these in my garage. A 2002 and 2005 for me. Yes, we are blessed! High maintenance cost, brakes/tires, but a once in a lifetime thrill. Everbody checks it out.

Woeful Experience.

ShocDoc, 02/13/2006

Purchased my new 05 E-55 after having owned 3 problem free Porsche 996's. Initially I loved the car but quickly lost the attraction after the engine stopped running on a very busy local highway at rush hour. Car was towed in and repaired (loose wiring harness). Two weeks later my interior insulation filled with fuel due to problem with the fuel pumps. Left rear shock leaked and car would settle over the wheel when parked for a few days. Brakes squealed like a Yugo. The squealing brakes problem never stopped after several visits to MB service. Lost confidence in the product and sold the car. Done with MB. Without question the worst vehicle I have ever owned.

Not as impressed

greg, 04/29/2008

I went from an Audi S4 to my E55 and have to say I am really disappointed with the MB. It is a great car, fast as can be but doesn't compare with the Audi. The handling and build quality of the MB aren't up to the Audi standards which was a let down.