Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

My baby
By ezraz

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my C300 for about a year and a half now. It has always been one of my favorite cars, so I was ecstatic to get one. Surprisingly, the car has about 230,000 miles on it as of now. Even with the extremely high mileage, the car still runs like a dream. It's amazing that it has stood up to such abuse. As far as maitenence, the car hasn't required anything too callous, other than a new serpentine belt, A/C compressor, tires, and an oil change. That's just to be expected from a car that has been driven so much. The only ongoing issue that the car has had is a hiccuping/hesitation when shifting gears, which doesn't impair with the drivability of the car and may just be a sign of the car needing a transmission service. The interior has held up to the test of time, other than the drivers' seat ripping in one spot. I love this car; its smooth V6-performance, its stunning looks, and its reliability. Definitely will be getting another C-Class when I decide to upgrade.

Amazing Car
By Greg Van Dell

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car has 162,000 miles on it. You would never know it to look at it or drive it. It is so quiet that when you stand outside it and the engine is running, you can’t tell. Almost all of themiles are hiway Miles, as I used it heavily for business travel. I got over 31mpg on the highway. The car doesn’t even have a door ding on it! I bought an extended bumper to bumper warranty for $80/mo, which lasts as long as I continue to pay the fee, and it is transferable. The interior is as clean as the exterior. The performance is beyond believe. The rate at which it accelerates can get you out of dangerous traffic situations on the freeway, or anywhere else. It has a hookup for an iPod, has Bluetooth, and plenty of room. I’m 6’6”, and can drive it with my legs fully extended. It will make a u-turn in the smallest radius I’ve ever seen, on any street without having to use reverse. It’s been judiciously maintained, no accidents, and no major repairs. I have only put Michelin tires bought at a Mercedes dealership on the car. With the offset build of the suspension, meaning the rear tires are one inch wider than the front tires, and AWD, I have driven this car through three nasty blizzards, and never lost my footing, even when cars around me were spinning into the ditch. This is one great car!

8 Years and still like new
By David Martin

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've enjoyed my C300 for 8 years, and the ONLY repair issue I've had in that time is replacement of a headlight switch on the dashboard. I've owned a number of "luxury" vehicles over 50 years, and this C300 has the finest engine/transmission I've driven. Smooth, powerful, and fuel efficient.

Sleek yet dependable
By Momolu Cooper

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Best car for snowboarding and road handling. While driving up the snow covered roads in West Virginia, i was the only sedan along with heavy trucks that made it up the steep incline. The only difference was that i looked good in a Mercedes. The police office even cautioned that i shouldn't take a sedan up the mountains during the snow. No issues. No sliding. Just comfort and heated seats! I've taken this car all over the US and placed over 120k miles over 5 years. Never a problem with engine, or anything fit that matter.

Beware -
By Peggy

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car dealership advisors are all paid by commission. They are competing to change things on your car whether it's broken or not. I'm a woman and had the windshield wipers replaced without my authority at the first service after purchase. I've had them scare me that I needed brake jobs "right away" where I waited a year and it was still fine (after checked out by other source). I bought my car brand new with Warranty for 5 years. As soon as the 5 years passed everything started breaking down from the seat belt safety light & some SRS light with other minor malfunctions ($1500), check engine light ($2200), light bulbs and batteries are normal stuff and I won't complain about that. Finally now, I went shopping before work and came back to find I could not start my car due to ignition switch, the care died, had to be towed and service advisor tells me it's a proprietary part (which is true - verified by another trusted source) and needs to be ordered and put in by Mercedes ($2500). In the first 3 years of ownership, the interior began looking horrible. The interior sliver stripping around the water holders all came out just because I used it. The radio button black coating (with the # on it) started stripping and peeled away (1/2 black and ripped white spots all over like an old car. I was told by the service manager it's caused by lotion on your hands. The car seats are uncomfortable no matter how you adjust it. Not good for a very tall or heavy person. Think twice if you purchase this vehicle. Parts are all electrical and expensive labor. It's not like getting a Toyota or Honda fixed after warranty runs out.