Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used C-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

An excellent car that holds up well...

guile, 06/26/2010
C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

My car has been with me since brand new, now going on 142,000 miles and counting. Issues have been catalytic converter (under warranty), front headlights, steering linkage break, serpentine belt replacement (at 130,000 miles), leather interior cracking, faux leather on shift knob coming off, CD changer jamming, blower fuse melting and compressor breaking, and small ghosting on console display. Performance is decent for a car with 168hp. Gas mileage could be better but I drive like a maniac with quick acceleration so no fault of the car. I'm pretty satisfied with the car and feel fortunate I don't have the issues so many others have. This car was manufactured in Brazil.

Love every thing about it

e626, 12/11/2010
C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I originally wanted the m. B. E350 but my husband said that we would be spending a lot more money on gas. So he got me the c240 and I have to say that I love this car we bought it used with 98,000 miles on it. It has been very reliable drives great, and I look forward to taking long trips in it. I previously owned a 2002 BMW 330i and I thought that that was the best car ever, but I have to say I like this one just as much. It has that luxury and sports car look to it, the interior is excellent and very comfortable. I am definitely going to buy another m. B.

Great Car all around!!!

benzy, 10/16/2002
C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great Car.Very comfortable(might be a little tight in the back seat).Engine could use a little more kick.Seats are very comfortable and sound is very good (I didnt get bose because there wasnt much of a difference.Stock system is made by Alpine.Good enough for me).Overall a good buy,many features,handles the road great,and very luxury!!This cars great!!!

A Love/Hate Relationship

sportbiker1, 05/08/2011
C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 'Sway Bar Rods' go regularly. Fortunately, they go within a year so are covered under parts warranty. Fender liner fell off, CV boots replaced, heater door motor broke, signal switch broke, rear speakers rattled, driver's seat belt squeaked, rear set belts lock up at -25C, passenger seat bottom loose, rear door lock knobs come loose and the rod drops inside, headlight bulbs are $180 each!. Nothing serious mechanically though. Bit it is starting to rust at the same place on all 4 of the doors.

Excellent car still going strong!

guile, 05/03/2010
C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my C240 after I totaled my 3- series BMW so the MB was not the same sporty performance ride, but it's no slush box either. Interior is very comfortable with supportive seats in nice leather, typical of Mercedes at all levels. Power is produced via a 2.6 L V6, delivering 168 hp (not so bad back in '03, but hardly stellar) in a linear fashion. It's very smooth and the car doesn't feel like it's on at idle (have to double check every now and then). Cons are the loud air conditioning. Only one problem with the cat converter and that was fixed under warranty. Just change the oil regularly (every 10k mi) and you should have no issues. My car was made in Brazil according to door jamb.

12345...31