Used 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Reviews

Used 300-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

1990 300D 2.5 Turbo Diesel

aoussoren, 04/12/2013
300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car with 221,000 miles on it from the original owner. Window sticker reads $40,000. + new! Mileage on sticker says between 27-33 MPG. On my last tank I was able to get 33.43 MPG Unreal for a full sized Benz. Love the way it rattles down the road. The interior design and quality is unreal. It is one of the most finely engineered cars I've ever owned. You must maintain the car. Parts are available on the internet, just a pleasure to drive. It is a timeless classic. Feel very very safe in this car, the 2.5 Turbo Diesel is a proven workhorse.

Great car, strong performer

mdolan777, 01/20/2005
300E 4dr Sedan

This car had 200K+ miles when we bought it - it still runs as strong as it probably ever did.

Best car I have ever owned - 40 years

stein-dog, 02/13/2010
300SE 4dr Sedan

This "S" class w126 sedan is the most reliable, best riding, safest car I have ever owned and has been the least expensive to maintain as well. Bought it w/ 122K miles 4 years ago (I'm 3rd owner); now at 148K, and have had only $2K in "by the book maintenance" costs during that period. I would take it across the country tomorrow without hesitation. Rides great, rock solid on the road, and stately about town. Bullet proof safety. Gas mileage is not great 15/20 but what a ride. Always gets looks at stop lights and parking lots. Key to buying one of these is complete records which mine has since new. I've had 3 BMWs,3 Saabs,1 Cadillac & a Corvette The Benz is hands down the best!

GREAT CAR

ADAM12, 02/23/2004
300SL 2dr Convertible

I purchased the 300SL used. Car had been taken car of. If you don't mind the lower power than the 500, this is the car for you. 14 year old car and still got a solid 30MPG on the freeway. Car always had people commenting on it. Is still a good buy.

Beautiful Car

xwingftr, 07/19/2006
300SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased March '05. My wife's uncle had owned it since new and he was selling while I was looking to replace my daily driver. I've never owned a Mercedes, I don't consider myself a Mercedes person, I'm actually a sports car guy. The car has not dissapointed me. It is very slow getting going from a stop, solid build quality, quiet, simple yet comfortable inside, nice leather and sound system. Did I say slow. Once you're up to highway speeds, the car accelerates and handles much better. It is actually fairly easy to do maintenance on and has been very reliable so far. I just went over 115K and, I'm told, she still has another 200K left! They are solid, feels like you're driving a tank at times.

12345...9